Mariposa Sedona, AZ
- $14.00 - $18.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts
- Employer Likely to Respond
- Candidate must have experience working as a butcher in a restaurant, meat market, grocery store, and know how to cut meats of all types.
- Must have excellent knife skills
- Candidate must have extensive knowledge of meat cuts and standard weights; they prepare steaks, cutlets, and loins as well as determining which portions to grind and decide how much meat to make into products such as sausages or cured meat.
- Candidate utilizes a variety of tools to process and prepare meat, including saws, knives, and grinders. The person hired must be responsible for maintaining this equipment through regular cleaning and routine repairs, including sharpening knives and saws.
- The Candidate is expected to maintain a sanitized work area throughout their shift. Equipment must be cleaned after each use, following safety guidelines and regulations, to prevent cross-contamination or the spread of food-borne illnesses. The candidate must also conduct regular health and safety checks, ensuring their work area adheres to safety and sanitation guidelines determined by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Many butchers maintain records of meat inventories and on-hand supplies such as sausage casings and packaging materials. They must also inspect meat before processing to ensure correct quantities and maintain a high level of product quality. This can also involve maintaining detailed reports and records of processing activities throughout the shift.