- $15.00 - $16.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
- Is well trained on the operation of all kitchen equipment, including but not limited to: meat and cheese slicer, food processor, multiple types of kitchen cutlery, steamers, griddles, flat tops, ovens, burners, mixers, and other equipment used in the preparation of food and ingredients
- Communicates restaurant food preparation needs to Kitchen Manager; follows par levels established
- Cooks all food to order and works together with other kitchen employees to ensure that all customer food is being delivered hot and fresh
- Works with a high sense of urgency to meet order preparation goal
- Responds well to special orders; corrects mistakes quickly; looks to exceed customer needs at all times
- Cleans and maintains all equipment; insures all safety policies and standards are being followed at all times; reports issues to Kitchen Manager or Manager on Duty immediately
- Follows and adheres to all Food Safety guidelines and standards set forth by La Brea Bakery, local, state, and federal governing bodies
- Uses weights and measures to maintain consistency and control costs
- May be asked to assist in the prep of ingredients before, during, and after operating hours
- Does not serve food that is not up to the highest standards
- Performs other tasks or duties assigned by managers
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos such as recipes, build sheets, and par sheets.
Certificates and Licenses: Must have current and valid ServSafe Food Handler Certification
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities