Event Sales Manager
- compensation depends on experience
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
ABOUT PLAN DO SEE
Plan Do See is a global hospitality company founded on the Japanese principal of Omotenashi – selfless service with a spirit of warmth and respect. Plan Do See was established in 1993 and has developed and operates 25 properties worldwide. Headquartered in Tokyo, Plan Do See America Inc. is leading the effort to bring the pride of Omotenashi to the United States.
In collaboration with the Managing Director, the Event Sales Manager will manage prospecting and sales for private hire events within their individual market segments. Specific emphasis will be placed on developing and maintaining key business relationships with event clients, sponsors & partners. Event Sales Manager scope of sales but, not limited to, Lolo’s Surf Cantina, Azabu Miami Beach, Ocean View Terrace, Deco Terrace, new event space (once finished) and off premise events/catering.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Being comfortable in conversing with clients and guests and communicating to them about our various venues, pricing structure and amenities. Must always be a positive and articulate ambassador of the Plan Do See Miami projects/brand
- Prepare presentations, pitches and proposals, sponsorships/partnerships and private hire
- Manage client entertaining efforts and initiatives
- Conduct walk through & tours for event opportunities
- Draft proposals for potential clients
- Manage internal event budgets for individual event segments
- Manage private hire P&L margins
- Liaising with clients to select menus, understand needs and coordinate the details of their events.
- Strong emphasis placed on the communication of event information to relevant parties including, but not limited to, the Managing Director, Chefs, venue General Managers, IT, Marriott events team, Marriott security team
- Responsible for making sure deposits and balances get run and tracking events sales.
- Prepare lead & sales reports
- Focus on clearly communicating event specs pre-event to events associate to ensure that day-of production is seamless.
- Assure that events do not coincide with Marriott events in the same venue on the same day/time
- Maximize sales by up-selling whenever possible
- Build relationships with vendors AV, floral, setup, cake/pastries etc…
- College degree or relative work experience required
- 5+ years in relative the food & beverage and/or hospitality industry and/or field
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Organized with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to take independent initiative, as well as work within a team
- Proficient in Mac OS X
- Must be able to lift and or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Highly organized
- Able to flourish while working against deadlines
- Ability to coordinate and oversee multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- MS Office Suite including PPT and Excel
- Efficient with Google Calendar/Docs/Gmail/Chrome
- Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 50 pounds.
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills
Plan Do See is a global hospitality company founded on the Japanese principal of Omotenashi – selfless service with a spirit of warmth and respect. Plan Do See was established in 1993 and has developed and operates 25 properties worldwide.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Plan Do See America Inc. is leading the effort to bring the pride of Omotenashi to the United States.
To find out more about Plan Do See please visit: http://plandosee-global.com.