- $13.25 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Good people, good food, good beer!
6th and La Brea is looking for dedicated servers to join their team!
Position Summary: The Server provides awesome service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. Servers will coordinate a station of six or more tables with grace, warmth, personality, and precision.
- Leads the service process for tables of guests.
- Takes, rings, and serves orders accurately and promptly in our busy indoor and outdoor dining areas
- Makes informed, appropriate suggestions with sensitivity to guests' preferences, allergies, and dietary restrictions
- Maintains Company standards of service and presentation
- Perform side work at the start, during and at the end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
- Monitor and observe guests' dininng experience. Ensure guests are satisfied (delighted!) with the food and service.
- Work with the team to put guests first by helping out and requesting help when needed
Successful candidates will have:
Flexible schedule and open availability. Work schedule will may vary between early morning to late evening, weekends and holidays
Ability to multitask and work effectively under pressure or in high volume situations
Fabulous guest service and teamwork skills, including respect for others and genuine wish to succeed
Track record of success as a server in a busy restaurant or bar
Openness to feedback and willingness to learn and grow
A high school diploma or its equivalent
Ability to understand and communicate in the predominant language(s) of our guests.
Solid basic arithmetic skills and the ability to handle money and operate a POS system.
Interest in, and strong working knowledge of, food, beer, wine, spirits and common drink recipes. Passion and knowledge about beer are a particular plus!
Must be able to work in a standing position, with frequent walking, for long periods of time (up to 7 hours).
Must be able to reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift 10 to 20 pounds.
- California Food Handler's Card
- Alcohol Training Certificate
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
All job offers are contingent on a successful background screening
6th and La Brea is a neighborhood brew pub in the heart of Mid-City. We have a casual, "California fun" vibe, from our dual shuffleboard tables to our 90 seat patio stocked with lawn games. We serve delicious food that pairs great with our award winning beer we make on-site. We also offer a full bar with craft cocktails and wine. Our menu has something for everyone - from a huge range of vegan friendly options to burgers and wings.