Studio Manager - Santa Monica
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
at Unplug Santa Monica
Reports To: Owner/Director
Status: Non-Exempt Position
Unplug Meditation, the world's first drop-in, secular meditation studio, opened its doors in April of 2014. Our wide variety of simple and eclectic classes are led by the top experts and some of the best meditation teachers in the country. We edited the practice of meditation to make it interesting, inspirational and easy for everyone from busy skeptics to modern soul-seekers. Our mission is to make it effortless to learn, and to inspire you to pause, breathe and unplug daily. When you experience the powerful effects, including deleting stress, increasing productivity, finding your purpose in life and becoming calmer, healthier and happier, you get hooked!
Responsible for successfully operating the Studio on a daily basis, providing outstanding customer service, and professionally and mindfully promote and sell Memberships to new and existing Students. Studio Managers will ensure all practices are consistent with the Unplug brand and identity and while displaying exceptional leadership skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Manage and motivate studio staff
- Organize and lead monthly staff meetings
- Enforce studio policies and procedures
- Create, manage and timely distribute staff schedules
- Provide weekly communication to staff on all studio promotions, ongoing training of standard SOP’s, as well as updates on studio operations, classes and/or events
- Responsible for the initial training of all staff members in addition to continued coaching and evaluation
- Create a highly personable, client-focused team whose focus is to achieve and exceed studio and company goals
- Provide weekly communication to teachers on studio promotions, classes, events or info relating to teachers
- Attend teacher meetings
- Build Community outside of the studio to drive strategic partnerships.
- Help reduce attrition by providing an outstanding experience on each student’s visit and consistently delivering the Unplug’s standard of excellence.
- Perform outreach to all new students as prescribed by Unplug
- Provide ongoing customer service, product and sales training to staff
- Respond to client issues and concerns in positive and timely manner
- Responsible for supporting and maintaining the Unplug brand in all respects from the quality of classes to the studio standards and guidelines for use of the Unplug brand.
- Develop and enforce studio policies and procedures
- Collaborate with the Owner to create Class Schedule for studio
- Work in conjunction with Owner to enforce operational procedures and policies constructed to foster the rapid growth of Unplug
- Oversee studio’s retail operations and studio budgets
- Contribute ideas for the growth of Unplug
- Oversee all studio operations are being maintained
OUR FINANCIAL STRENGTH:
Delivering the agreed upon profit target is a major responsibility and requires focus on the following items:
- Revenue Targets: The Studio Manager is responsible for managing revenue and new membership targets and taking active measures to ensure the studio hits the monthly goals in conjunction with studio employees
- Sales and Marketing: The Studio Manager should create neighborhood partnerships, develop community events and drive grassroots marketing to promote the Unplug brand.
- Studio Expenses: The Studio Manager should be sure that studio expenses are in line with the studio budget. Any anticipated overages should be reviewed with and have approval from the Owner.
- 2+ years of managerial experience in a physical culture, membership-based studio, i.e. gym, yoga, fitness, etc.
- Mindbody Online experience
- Passion for meditation and mindfulness
- Driven by numbers
- Love training and developing teams