Barista - Smashbox Studios
- compensation depends on experience
- Part Time
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Smashbox Studios, located in Culver City, is seeking a part-time Barista to create amazing coffee creations within the studio. The Barista reports to Studio Services Manager.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Shares responsibility for the success of Smashbox Studios Café/Coffee Bar
- Elevate and uphold the Smashbox Studios brand, industry position and culture as the top fashion/commercial studio and event space in LA
- Follows all company drink recipes and procedures while maintaining the highest quality, consistent product standards
- Develops an understanding of coffee and tea regions and the various differences in flavor and blends and stays current with coffee and tea culture and trends
- Greets all clients with fast, friendly, personalized service and develops a rapport with customers by learning their names/favorite drinks etc.
- Responds proactively to prevent customer service situation
- Reports any customer complaints to management
- Accurately rings sales orders into cash register and/or keeps track of customer open tabs throughout the day
- Answers customer questions regarding coffee blends, preparation, and product freshness
- Always ensures highest standards of quality in drink preparation and proper food safety handling techniques
- Responsible for all café ordering (paper goods, coffee beans, milk, teas etc.) or alerting management of any products needing to be ordered
- Routinely cleans the bar area, lobby floor, café tables and chairs, back of house and general café area
- Daily maintenance of all café machines (espresso machine, grinder, coffee brewer, ice machine and all fridges/freezer)
- Maintains positive company morale and professional attitude
- May work special events, as needed
- Must have at least 1-2 years prior experience in coffee shop or coffee bar setting.
- Must have positive/friendly personality and a presentable appearance.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Must have a food handlers certificate
- Experience keeping track of inventory and replenishing stock
- Must have knowledge of working a semi automatic espresso machine and milk steaming techniques; Latte art a plus!
- Excellent communication skills via email and phone calls, as well as in-person.
CoCreativ’s policy (and the agencies under it) is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. CoCreativ will consider for employment-qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. Differences make CoCreativ stronger and brighter!