Early Pig Care
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Primary Purpose of Position: The position’s main objective is to collaborate in the manaement and health of newly weaned piglets to ensure optimal growth at tan early age in the pig's life. Additinoally, they assist the serviceman in maintaining barn temperature, ventilation equipment, and controls to provide the right amount of heat and fresh air to promote growth. Unload wean pigs, work all holidays, excluding Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Other Position Characteristics:
• Employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach and extend arm, frequently lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Hours and shifts vary.
• Employee will be working a majority of time going into farms under varying weather conditions. Moderate/high level of livestock noise is to be expected and protective equipment used during tasks include safety glasses, cutting board, hearing protection, protective mask. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Training and Experience Requirements:
• Must be capable of following instructions from supervisor. The employee should be an active listener and learner as well as possess the ability to speak clearly and convey information effectively.
• Must be able to understand and effectively communicate as well as possess basic mathematical skills (record keeping & documentation) and follow strict company bio-security policies