DIRECTOR, RESTAURANT FACILITIES AND MAINTENANCE
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Likely to Respond
DIRECTOR, RESTAURANT FACILITIES AND MAINTENANCE
Mendocino Farms Sandwich Market
Studio City, CA
This position is responsible for directing the Facilities & Maintenance (“F&M”) functions and activities for Mendocino Farms complete portfolio of restaurants, commissaires, offices and storage facilities across multiple states and markets.
To be successful in this role, this individual must possess exceptional technical and leadership skills and the ability to influence and advise both internal and external resources.
Partner with Development and Operations to create and define new and strategic processes, procedures, teaming, vendors and tools to support both existing facilities and a fast-growing portfolio of new facilities.
Define a roadmap for optimizing the overall support of F&M for the organization and direct the execution of that plan in partnership with Development and Operations and other essential disciplines.
Define, oversee and provide hands-on execution for new processes including but not limited to:
- Creating, tracking and reporting annual and quarterly capital expenditures budgets for maintenance and remodel projects.
- Assess, track and report on active maintenance and project specific budgets for compliance with annual and quarterly budgets; and propose updates, revisions or modifications to planned projects and budgets as necessary based on actual costs and live spending.
- Project, forecast and recommend teaming and capital expenditures for 3 and 5 year look ahead periods related to F&M functions
- Define the optimal structure and organization for the F&M team; source, negotiate, on-board and oversee internal and external partners to execute on the/a new team and support organization
- Partner with Development on the strategic sourcing of materials and products related to both new store Development and F&M support
- Partner with Development to define and track storage, facilities and transportation needs related to the bulk ordering and/or storage of products and materials.
- Partnering with Development and Operations to define and execute a strategic tiered/priority response plan for unplanned maintenance and repairs for facilities
- Define and administer a structured maintenance and upkeep plan for all facilities
- Partner with Development and Operations to create and implement F&M related functions for new facilities turn-over, and the transition to F&M Operations.
- Define the means and methods to track and differentiate warranty related work from new or upkeep work in facilities
- Define and create tools and processes to track fleet wide inventory and F&M plans for significant infrastructure such as kitchen and MEP equipment
- Establish requirements and provide recommendations for technology needed to support work order, asset and vendor management
- Serve as Facilities Manager for various restaurants to provide Operations with day-to-day business support and functional expertise
- Directly oversee and/or manage defined internal or external teams to execute facilities remodel projects
- Drive continuous improvements by holding vendors accountable to established criteria, actively consulting and training Operations on key topics and engaging Operations to understand and address their challenges.
- Conduct internal and external strategic assessments to keep up to date on industry, market, and competitive activities and trends
- 10+ years multi-unit facilities manager experience in the restaurant industry
- 5 years directly managing a team of technicians and supervisors with budgetary oversight in a complex facilities environment
- Strong technical knowledge of general construction or related mechanical trade and all aspects of restaurant facilities maintenance, including HVAC, refrigeration, food prep and production equipment, electrical, plumbing and building systems and finishes.
- Knowledgeable in governing codes and regulations, safety (OSHA) rules, sanitation (NSF), building codes (BOCA), insurance and permitting
- A strong leader with excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Customer-service oriented and able to apply critical thinking, advanced problem-solving skills and solution driven
- Financial and general business acumen with the ability to manage budgets, understand P&L and negotiate favorable returns to organization
- Is comfortable managing sometimes competing and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment while delivering both a strategic and tactical level of support
- Team, project, program and vendor development and management skills all critical