- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
The University Club of Pasadena is seeking an Executive Chef who is experienced in fine dining, specialty dining, and catering. We've got amazing talent in our Club and want to round it out with a dynamite leader who has a passion to cook and create. The Executive Chef will serve as an integral part of the Club’s leadership team while implementing the mission and vision by leading and directing a safe and profitable kitchen operation and not only maintaining food standards and customer service, but passionately training and inspiring staff at all levels. Candidates must be leaders, able to coach and develop staff as well as create and implement systems in a fast-paced culinary environment. Individuals must be detail-oriented, smart-working and creative professionals ready to take on all kitchen operations and lead by example.
- Ensure the delivery of exceptionally high-quality food in accordance with Club’s standards for freshness, presentation, service, safety, and cleanliness.
- Direct operations with a focus on cost effectiveness, improvement, and attainment of goals for customer satisfaction, and profitability.
- Hire, coach, train, motivate and develop team members, with a focus on teamwork.
- Perform administrative duties related to staffing and scheduling, purchasing, food and labor costs, reporting, compliance, maintenance, and product inventory.
- Maintain a work environment that encourages teamwork, open communication, positive and proactive problem solving, growth and development, recognition, and respect.
- Enhance dining experience with tableside visits, tableside food preparation, and teamwork with front of house staff.
- Ensure that every guest has an exceptionally positive dining experience.
- Partner with corporate leaders and other chefs to monitor products, develop new recipes, and find innovative approaches to improving recipes and menus.
- Three or more years as an Executive Chef or Sous Chef in a full-service, fine-dining restaurant.
- Culinary or college training and extensive cooking and production experience.
- Passion about food quality and superior guest service.
- Extensive knowledge of menus, food preparation, presentation and serving techniques typically found in fine-dining establishments.
- Mastery of the proper use and maintenance of major kitchen equipment, including: stoves, refrigeration, slicers, dishwashing, and knives.
- Current ServSafe Certification or equivalent. Full understanding of federal, state, and local regulations related to food safety, sanitation, OSHA, and employee safety.
- Familiar with Microsoft word products, e-mail, and restaurant software. Basic math and business reporting skills.
- Experience hiring, training, motivating, and developing BOH staff.
- Able to anticipate and avoid problems, make effective decisions under pressure, and implement positive resolutions to problems and conflicts. Strong team orientation.
- High degree of professionalism, integrity, work ethic, and respect for others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
The overall goal is to meet customer and Club member needs and exceed their expectations while making a profit (by providing fine dining and other culinary experiences to increase customer traffic and Club membership, average check, and total sales; offering consistently high-quality, affordable products and up-to-date, creative recipes and menus with excellent quality, presentation, creativity, and show value of the food presented; providing prompt, courteous, and high-quality service; and controlling costs and maximizing income).