Application Developer (19-01003)
- Depends on experience
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Primary Location: Washington, DC
The Application Developer will work closely with the database development and application development teams to develop and maintain custom applications to support Client's core business systems. The role will assist in developing procedures, triggers, DTS and or SSIS packages, administer development databases and help troubleshoot and optimize SQL code while in development. This role will also design relational and analytical databases based on requirement documents provided by the project management team. Along with team, will provide support to other departments by providing assistance in creating or extracting data from Client's databases.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all aspect of database administration including testing of all modifications, security administration, optimization, capacity planning, performance tuning under the supervision of the Senior DBA
- Development, enhancements and support of database applications
- Development and administration of stored procedures, triggers, views and functions
- Data extraction and import
- Conduct research on emerging database methodologies.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Interacts with project management group to ensure accurate and comprehensive understanding of data and reporting requirements.
- Provides issue escalation and resolution as well as timely execution of deadlines.
- 4 plus years proven experience working with databases, preferably Microsoft SQL Server Databases 2008 / 2012 / 2016.
- Working technical knowledge around database design, administration and development (T-SQL).
- Understanding of Business intelligence and Data Warehouse technologies.
- Understanding of database security and knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Self-directed and proactive; thinks beyond the immediate problem and uses sound judgement.
- Flexible with the ability to change priorities quickly, and capacity to multi-task.
- Bachelor's Degree in information technology, computer science, business administration, or a related field.
- Create and manage project plans, allocation of resources and timelines.
- Work directly with both internal and external resources to insure timely completion of assigned deliverables.
ALTA IT Services, LLC. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.