Credit Collections Specialist
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
COMPANY OVERVIEW: E.B. Bradley Co. and West Coast Laminating, prides itself on being an industry leader by providing wholesale distribution of specialty hardware and surfacing products. We currently have 13 locations across the Western region and growing. We are dedicated to providing quality products and creating partnerships that are unparalleled. We offer a fun, safe work environment with plenty of opportunity for upward mobility. We do this by hiring the best of the best allowing us to set the standard in customer service. If this sounds like the place for you, please review the job description below.
POSITION SUMMARY: E.B. Bradley Co./West Coast Laminating is searching for a hardworking, responsible, team member to join our Credit & Collections department in Anaheim, CA. The Credit & Collections Specialist will be responsible for making high volume collection calls and initiating written correspondence via email in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment. The Credit & Collections Specialist will also serve as a customer service liaison between multiple departments to resolve collection issues, review customer refunds, assign credit limits, initiate reviews for larger limits, and resolve client discrepancies & payments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsible for releasing multiple orders throughout the day, contacting the parties who are responsible for payment
- Thoroughly understand and apply accepted credit and collection policies and procedures along with Company's specific policies
- Responsible for reducing delinquencies on assigned accounts
- Work with internal departments to enlist the efforts and keep apprised the sales staff and manager when more intense collection efforts are required
- Consistent follow-up and organization by keeping a calendar of multiple follow up accounts and going over aging reports on a regular basis
- Ensure customer credit applications, requests for increased lines of credit, special credit lines for separated job work, inquiries, and/or disputes relating to accounts receivable are promptly and accurately handled.
- Maintain current information and credit applications on all customers to whom credit has been extended
- Make collections calls or emails as needed and in keeping with Company’s policies and procedures
- Communicate with management, sales team and others regarding collections strategy and progress.
- Ensure that lien rights are maintained and material releases executed according to the timeframes of the law and the releases maintained to the satisfaction of the customer
- Cooperate with sales staff, branch and company leadership to ensure that selling activities conform to credit policies and to ensure that every feasible means of profitably selling a customer is given reasonable consideration before denying credit
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in credit and collections or 2 years of general credit experience with 1 year industry specific experience in wholesale building distribution
- Basic understanding of generally accepted credit management techniques and procedures, ability and willingness to develop in-depth and thorough knowledge and understanding of Company credit policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Advanced PC skills including Windows 7, MS Office (primarily Excel), internet search engines
- Experience with mechanics lien laws/releases and resale taxes preferred
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- 401(K) with match