- $35.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
Are you a licensed RN who is looking for an exciting and rewarding career opportunity? Then the Nurse Supervisor position at VVSD may be the position for you.
Veterans Village of San Diego has been changing the lives of veterans for almost 40 years. Through our 12-step approach to addiction recovery or our transitional housing approach, we work hard to make sure our veterans are treated with dignity and respect.
As our Nurse Supervisor, you will work with our residents to help with medical illnesses and conditions with individuals who are struggling with substance abuse and mental health problems in a non-medical residential setting.
A typical day will look like this:
- Interacting with residents to provide services such as:
- Education related to nutrition, medications, healthy lifestyles, and effects of poor health practices
- Coordinate with our contract physician all necessary medical appointments
- Ensures that all new residents have documentation of TB testing within the Agency’s required timeframe, as well as COVID-19 tests for new residents and other residents for those who have had close-contact exposure with positive COVID-19 clients or staff members
- Observes our residents and notifies case managers, clinical staff, and others about any significant changes in a resident’s medications or health
- Oversees the operation of our Med Room and our pharmacy technicians
- Works with the VA, Family health Centers of San Diego and other public health and agencies, case managers, and others regarding residents’ health concerns as needed.
- Assists with medication storage and proper disposal of meds.
- Works with residents and Family Health Center staff for enrollment in Medi-Cal or other designated health insurance programs, as well as provides referrals for vision and dental care needs
- Maintains a roster of residents with limited activity, health restrictions and/or other modifications to accommodate disability, for chores and KP.
- Provides first aid to residents and staff as needed; may call paramedics if the situation warrants it
- Enters case notes for incidents, significant physical and mental health changes, and/or critical medication concerns; also documents class attendance in case notes
- Attends meetings on and off campus as needed.
- Other duties as assigned or required
To be considered for this position, you need to be able to:
- Must carry a current California License as an RN, as well as a minimum of 2 years of paid experience as an RN in an outpatient or residential setting without direct supervision.
- Familiarity with chronic illnesses and infectious diseases such as COPD, heart disease, diabetes, SUD, mental health diagnoses, HIV, AIDS, HEPATITIS, and TB treatment and education.
- Ability to teach classes as required
- Must be able to show compassion and empathy toward our veterans.
- Be able to stand and walk up to 2 hours a day
- Must have strong computer skills, Excel, Word, Microsoft Office
- Must be able to work with diverse population
- Must be able to adhere to strong boundaries
- Must be detailed oriented and accurate
- Must have excellent record keeping skills
- Must be able to work with constant interruptions
- Must be able to, comfortably, perform all aspects of job description and other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Competitive pay
- Generous vacation and sick time, as well as 12 Holidays
- Health insurance, dental and vision plans, as well as participation in the 403(b)
The Fine Print:
- If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years
- Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.