- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
A Server Assistant is responsible for serving our guests, our team and Not Your Average Joe’s with unparalleled hospitality to create unforgettable guest and team member experiences every day!
- Understands our Guest-Obsessed culture and does whatever it takes to create a positive and memorable guest experience
- Runs food from the kitchen to the guest efficiently, ensuring that each guest receives the correct item(s) without ‘auctioning’ plates.
- Runs beverages from the service bar (following local liquor laws if applicable) to the guest efficiently, ensuring that each guest receives the correct drink without ‘auctioning’ drinks.
- Follows company policy in handling guest allergies/intolerances, ensuring our guests receive ‘safe’ meals
- Ensures guest satisfaction by asking if the guest needs anything else before leaving the table, and following through by either bringing it or ensuring their server brings it
- Maintains clean and stocked side stations, including cutting focaccia bread, replenishing ice and making coffee and iced tea, stocking plates and glassware, etc.
- Maintains clean and stocked expo window, including wiping down surfaces and restocking plates/silverware
- Removes and empties bus buckets from the bar as needed
- Assists other team members by answering questions, bringing refills, pre-bussing and/or clearing/resetting tables, and otherwise helping out as needed to aid in the service of guests.
- Handles guests’ complaints by listening to their concerns, always informing a manager, and resolving issues PLUS ONE to ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Arrives to work on time, well-groomed and in the proper work attire, and ready to work.
- Clocks in and out as scheduled
- Demonstrates a helpful, positive attitude at all times to guests and team members.
- Completes all assigned tasks and duties assigned by managers/supervisors.
- Assists fellow team members as needed to ensure our guests receive the highest standard in food, beverage, and hospitality.
- Complies with all state and federal liquor laws by requesting that guests present a valid form of ID when ordering alcohol and adheres to alcohol awareness procedures for preventing guest intoxication.
- Inspects restrooms, dining room, and lobby, cleans as needed, and reports any unsafe conditions to maintain safety and sanitation standards.
- Ability to communicate (speak, read, and write) in English.
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to remain standing and active for an 8-12 hour shift.
- Ability to bend at the waist and lift items up to 50 lbs. to waist level.
- Ability to hear, understand, and respond to team member and guest requests in a loud environment.
- Skill and coordination at using hands to write, carry several drinks, plates, and bowls at the same time.
Restaurants aren't meant to be average! Stephen Silverstein opened the first Not Your Average Joe’s in pursuit of the uncommon. In 1994, he worked to give his hometown of Dartmouth, Massachusetts a unique neighborhood place with great food and better company.
Today, we have 23 restaurants spread throughout Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Maryland. We’re building incredible spaces with every nail, and striving to be better with every opening. In doing this, we’ve created a culture where our people are our foundation – making the sky the limit where we go next.