- $13.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Our Kitchen Team Member position is similar to a Prep Cook role! You will be an ambassador of the sweetlife and sweetgreen's core values. You will be an integral part of the guest experience, through the creation of healthy, transparent, and delicious food. It’s your job to ensure that we’re serving our guests products that live up to the quality and food safety standards that we pride ourselves on. You will report to the Head Coach (General Manager) and Store Lead (Assistant General Manager).
We encourage our team members to be well-rounded team players, willing to get their hands dirty and do whatever it takes to keep your store running smoothly! No matter what position you start in with us, you will have the opportunity to be cross-trained and will be tasked to take on different positions within our team.
- Ensure all food meets food safety + quality standards
- Prep all cold + hot food items using prep worksheets
- Follow proper knife safety procedures
- Operate oven + hot prep equipment, using proper time/temp of all hot and cooked foods
- Operate fit-wash, robot coupe and all other cold prep equipment
- Maintain clean, food-safe dish and prep stations throughout shift
- Set up + break down of oven station
- Manage communication between Service Team Members and Kitchen, inventory front line, prep zones, received orders, oven and walk-in to determine needs
- Stay knowledgeable of our changing salad menu + ingredients
- Food, Hospitality and/or Customer Service experience
- Knowledge of proper food safety handling
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with kitchen + food prep equipment
- A team player with a positive can-do attitude
- Quick and adaptable learner
- Collaborative communication skills
- Accountable in upholding high standards
- A friendly, fun, and positive work environment, with a supportive team
- A clear career path with opportunities for advancement and career development
- Free sweetgreen gear and rewards through our 'Shades of Green' program
- Healthy + delicious shift meals
Come live the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.