- $8.00 Hourly
- Part Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
The Prep Cook is responsible for delivering products of the highest quality in terms of freshness, taste, and consistency. Responsible for batch, a la minute, and line cooking techniques. He/she reports directly to the Sous Chef. Also responsible for following all standardized recipes and notifying the Chefs of any shortages or discrepancies in products or ingredients. MUST keep immediate work area clean at all times.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
• Ensures all food is prepared fresh and is of the highest quality
• Strictly adheres to all recipes, methods and instructions from supervisor
• Reports to work on-time and in a clean uniform
• Maintains an organized and efficient flow of production, with regards to changes in forecasts and menus
• Responsible for mise-en-place and food service for station
• Consistently checks temperatures in foods and follows proper procedures in regards to chilling, re-heating, and holding food.
• Reports waste to supervisors on a daily basis
• Checks station upon arrival to determine status of outstanding safety, or equipment issues
• Checks station prior to leaving to ensure cleanliness, proper disposal/removal of food, and proper storing and labeling
IMPORTANT REQUIREMENT FOR ALL APPLICANTS
• Have a positive hospitality attitude and a smiling face
• You must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien
• Pass Physical Exam/Drug Screen
• Have a Clear Background