- $15.00 - $18.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Inspired by the vitality and energy of Beirut, Yara is a chic, two-story restaurant and lounge that highlights the healthy traditions of Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cooking.
The kitchen, which is helmed by a Michelin-recommended Chef, will prepare a diverse menu that utilizes the finest local and organic ingredients, while the lounge will offer a distinct mix of craft cocktails and international wines in a vibrant setting on the ground floor.
Yara is seeking hard working and dedicated professional line cooks that are committed to excellence and have worked in a high volume, fast-paced environment. Line Cooks are responsible for the consistent and accurate preparation of food ordered by guests. They should have former experience in a high-quality restaurant and should consider themselves highly motivated while thriving in a team-oriented environment.
- A two year minimum of high-quality NYC restaurant experience
- Considerable working knowledge of food preparation
- A deep appreciation and desire to learn about cuisine and hospitality is a must
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment at all times
- Comply with all food safety and hygiene standards
- Open availability including weekends and holidays
- Punctual and dependable
- Capability to lift and transport up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to walk, stand, reach, lift, and bend to maintain service area
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- Multi-tasking skills and working well under pressure
- Displaying a positive attitude and willing to help team members and managers when necessary