Superba Hollywood | Executive Chef
- $85K - $95K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
Superba Venice is Hiring an Executive Chef!
Superba Food + Bread is gearing up to open our new location in Hollywood! Superba is an all-day restaurant, coffee bar, and urban farm. We are a restaurant committed to chef and product driven food, warm hospitality, a craft bar and unique and cutting-edge design. Our menu is driven by the seasons, vegetable forward, and emphasizes our wood hearth and baking know how. We are community oriented and care deeply about art and style. We are passionate about restaurants!
Our family of restaurants includes Superba Food + Bread in Venice, El Segundo, Pasadena and North Hollywood, a steakhouse in Venice called American Beauty, as well as Pitfire Artisan Pizza throughout Los Angeles and Orange County.
We are looking for highly motivated, passionate Executive Chef who cares deeply for food and has the technique to make product sing. The Executive Chef will be responsible for a team of 3 Sous Chefs and a staff of 35 and must therefore be a strong team leader who effectively coaches, trains, and inspires each team member.
Responsibilities "You will"
• Oversee day-to-day culinary operations and activities including food preparation, production, development and execution
• Ensure food is consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant's recipes and standards
• Maintain operational control of purchasing, receiving, and inventories
• Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant's preventative maintenance programs
• Schedule and manage labor anticipating business activity, ensuring staffing and meeting cost goals
• Maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization along with the safety of all work areas
• Monitor performance of staff and ensure all procedures are completed to restaurant standards
• Create a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction
Qualifications "You have"
• 4-5 years of experience as a Chef de Cuisine or Executive Chef in notable or similar restaurants
• Passion for food; should be bright, seasonal, and ingredient driven
• Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment
• Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion
• Experience in P&L management, budgetary controls, strict inventory and labor controls
• Ability to write and manage labor schedules to budget specifications
• Active ServSafe Management Food Safety Certificate
• A flexible schedule. Mornings, nights, weekends and holidays are required
What we Offer
• Competitive salary
• Medical, dental, and vision and life insurance
• 2 weeks paid vacation in first year
• Tribe, Life, Balance
• Company Dining Program
Follow us on Instagram:@lifesuperba
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We are an EEO Employer.