Wok Cooks / Line Cooks
- $18.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Din Tai Fung is hiring for Wok Cooks / Line Cooks at our Santa Clara location at Westfield Valley Fair. Wok Cooks are responsible for preparing, cooking and plating all of the wok line items.
- Basic wok skills
- Basic knife skills
- Food Handler’s Card
- Read, understand, and follow the Employee Handbook and all company policies and procedures
- Proper dress policy and non-slip shoes worn at all times
- Flexible working hours, including early morning and late-night shifts; 7 days a week operation, including holidays. Schedule may vary based on business demands.
- Positive and Professional Attitude
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, and hear. Walk regularly throughout the day; uses hands for up to 12 hours each day; occasional heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Wok Chef Functions
- Learning all the recipes, cook times, and cooking techniques per Din Tai Fung’s procedures
- Checking the ingredient quality prior to beginning cooking
- Cooking the ingredients in accordance with Din Tai Fung’s recipes
- Plating the final product in accordance with Din Tai Fung’s plating guidelines
- Preparing and cutting garnishes
- Labeling all items in accordance with Health Department regulations and Din Tai Fung procedures
- Maintaining confidentiality regarding all propriety information, including but not limited to recipes and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Keeping all kitchen areas clean and sanitized
- Organizing items within the walk-in coolers and freezers
- Labeling all items in accordance with Health Department regulations
- Lifting/moving boxes, bags, chairs, and tables (up to 50 pounds)
- Assisting with regular deep cleaning of the kitchen
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Din Tai Fung is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V
Din Tai Fung was founded in Taipei, Taiwan in 1958 as a cooking oil retail shop. In 1972, it transitioned into a full fledged restaurant specializing in soup dumplings and noodles. The restaurant was soon winning rave reviews from all over the world. The tradition of Din Tai Fung continues today in its locations in the United States, Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, China, and Thailand.