Chef De Cuisine
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- health, dental, food
Objective- Directly responsible for all aspects of food management and production. Duties include, but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, development and scheduling of all back of the house employees. Proper management of ordering, restaurant food and labor costs, budgets and inventories. Food safety and sanitation, menu research and recipe development.
Duties and Responsibilities-
- Proper training of culinary team including food safety and sanitation, proper handling procedures and consistency of product.
- Develop schedules 30 days in advance, within budgetary guidelines, approval required by General Manager prior to posting.
- Responsible for developing and enforcing all recipes produced
- Responsible for high level of sanitation and safe food handling procedures.
- Prepare weekly inventory within company guidelines and submit to corporate office with weekly invoices by Monday at 12pm.
- Review all invoices on a weekly basis and prepare weekly food and labor cost sheet to be submitted to corporate office no later than Monday at 12pm.
- Responsible for compilation of weekly food and labor cost analysis and ensuring you meet budgetary cost goals outlined below
- Food Cost 31%
- BOH Labor Cost 19%
- Total Restaurant Labor 24.5%
- Responsible for all recruitment, hiring and training all BOH employees, including kitchen utility staff, line cooks and assistant managers.
- Responsible for all menu rotations, including development of daily specials and seasonal changes.
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Evaluates food product to ensure that quality standards are consistently maintained.
- Assist in the development of a Quality Assurance program to establish standards of performance in the front of the house areas.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly staff training and educational focus
- Act as a liaison to corporate executives
- Responsible, along with the rest of the management team, for hiring & firing of all staff in the restaurant.
- Keep operational manual updated
- Enforce company policy in accordance with handbook
- Complete daily opening/ closing checklists
- Responsible to maintain accredited certification training course for Responsible Food Service
- Other duties as assigned by upper management.
- Responsible for maintaining sanitations standards in accordance with the RI Dept. of Health.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by senior management team and President of Operations
Qualification Standards- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the following essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Must have minimal of 3 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities assigned
- Ability to develop and test recipes and/or techniques for food preparation/ presentation.
- Must be able to safely lift weight of 50 pounds or more
- Knowledge of catering set-up procedures.
- Ability to plan schedules and assign duties; ability to provide or arrange for training.
We are a family oriented small knit group of employees, we are a mom and pop run type of company. Managers are held to high standards and are in full control of their of own store.