Pacific Park Barista
- $13.25 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Ask Us!, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
The barista is responsible for serving all products with friendly, individualized attention towards each customer. He/she is also responsible for educating customers about our premium coffees and teas. The barista fulfills any other duties the store manager, assistant manager or shift supervisor assigns and represents The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf in a professional manner.
- Ensures that all customers are educated on our products and services.
- Maintains the highest quality, consistent product standards.
- Follows all Company drink recipes and procedures.
- Passes monthly re-certifications in a timely manner.
- Develops an understanding of coffee and tea regions and the various differences in flavor and blends.
- Begins to educate themselves on the various types of coffee, tea products, blends and roasts.
- Proficiently prepares blended and cold drinks provided by the store.
- Greets all customers with fast, friendly, personalized service and develops a rapport with customers by learning their names, favorite drinks and food items.
- Verbally receives and calls back customer orders in a friendly manner.
- Reports all customer complaints to manager on duty.
- Responds proactively to prevent customer service situations.
- Accurately rings sales orders into cash register and counts back change to customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Answers telephone in a courteous and friendly manner including, but not limited to, giving store greeting, directions to store location, and receiving and filling customer orders.
- Answers customer questions regarding coffee blends, preparation, and product freshness.
- Weighs, grinds and packs coffee per customers’ orders according to Company guidelines.
- Sells and serves baked goods and miscellaneous food items to customers.
- Maintains efficient, friendly service.
- Restocks shelves when necessary.
- Routinely cleans the bar area, floor, windows and grinders, and takes out trash, etc.
- Assists in the distribution of weekly shipments.
- Reports potential safety hazards to the manager on duty.
- Reports all employee accidents to the manager on duty.
- Informs the manager on duty of any operational inconsistencies.
Requirements, Qualifications & Physical Demands:
- Entry level position.
- Must be able to work Nights, Weekends, and Holidays
- Runs errands, when needed, to pick up supplies and/or product.
- May work special events, as needed.
- Maintains positive Company morale and professional attitude.
- Must be able to work overtime, as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to use hand to finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move items up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to adjust vision to both day and night lighting, and be able to focus on distant and close-range projects.
- Regularly required to handle food and hot beverages.
PACIFIC PARK OVERVIEW:
Pacific Park on the Santa Monica Pier is LA’s only admission free amusement park that offers 12 amusement rides, 14 midway games, an oceanfront food plaza and dynamic retail experiences. The ever-popular Park and iconic Pier enjoy more than 8.5 million visitors annually. In addition to the Pacific Wheel, the world’s only solar-powered Ferris wheel, Pacific Park’s signature rides include The West Coaster, a steel roller coaster that races 55 feet above the Santa Monica Bay. The Park is operated by more than 500 team members, which includes full-time and seasonal positions featuring a highly diverse, dynamic and passionate team.