- $12.00 Hourly
- Part Time
- 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
****Must have availability on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings*****
The bartender leads restaurant guest interaction throughout the dining experience and ensures that all guests have the highest quality dining experience possible. He/She mixes and matches ingredients in order to create classic and innovative alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages drinks in accordance with guest’s needs and expectations. He/She takes pride in personal appearance and show dedication to the job.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Welcome each guests personally.
• Perform opening and closing duties (Ensure the bar is set up properly by opening time, and ensure the bar and liquor storage areas clean, restocked and well organized by closing time)
• Communicate with guests using clear and enthusiastic words, tone and body language at all times.
• Mix, garnish, and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for guests of bar and dining room following House recipes.
• Ensure service style and standards are met and guest expectations exceeded.
• Take drink and food orders from guests of the bar.
• Maintain a clean bar and arrange glassware to create an attractive display.
• Handle payment at the bar.
• Maintain knowledge of current food/drink choices, brands, specialties, origin, taste, quality, and preparation methods.
• Maintains bar tools and stock levels and let managers know if there are items to be replenished.
• Requires evidence of age of any guest who appears to be under the age of thirty (30).
• Work as a team with all food & beverage staffs in order to maintain an effective atmosphere and an efficient food and beverage service.
• Anticipate your guest’s needs. Be alert of guest signals (raising a hand, looking directly at you, etc.), and acknowledge the guest so they know you will be right with them.
• Responsible service of alcohol. Do not hesitate to ask for management intervention if necessary.
• Promptly and professionally handles guest issues and communicates problems and concerns to management.
• Maintain personal health and sanitation standards based on health regulations.
• Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• To follow all company/bar safety rules, policies, and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
• The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
• Two (2) years of experience as bartender.
• High school diploma.
• 21 year of age or older
• Food Handlers permit.
• TIPS certification preferred.
• Basic mathematical skills to handle money and give correct change.
• Knowledgeable in all forms of bar food, basic classic cocktails and other beverage.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Excellent communication skills (verbally interacts with management, team members and guests.)
• Identify and resolve problems quickly and efficiently.
• Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
• Ability to take directions and be a team player.
• Multi-task oriented.
• Walks and stands during entire shift.
• Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe.
• Remain stationary for long periods of time.
• Frequent washing of hands.
• Be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
ABOUT PLAN DO SEE AMERICA
Plan Do See is a global hospitality company with a core business in hotels, restaurants & bars, wedding & events, and consulting. Plan Do See’s headquarters are located in Tokyo and New York with a corporate office in Los Angeles, California. Our mission is to create hospitality destinations around the world that offer memorable experiences and together build a lasting, positive relationship with our guests, partners, employees and communities. Plan Do See has been honored with a top 3 spot on the list of The Best Workplaces in Japan recognized for its dedication to sustain high-trust cultures for their employees.
In a city abundant with choices, Paley uniquely redefines Los Angeles hospitality through our Omotenashi-style service, tending to our guests with insightfulness, empathy and generosity. We believe that fine dining is a complete sensorial journey and we designed Paley to engage and surprise our guests. Fresh local ingredients prepared with the integrity of French technique allow us to offer an inspiring range of seasonal Southern Californian dishes. Our culinary drinks span from beloved old classics to surprising innovative cocktails. Our landmark CBS building, Hollywood golden ageinspired interiors, and welcoming energy charm our customers as they walk through the door.