Director of Sales
- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
The Garland JOB DESCRIPTION
Position: Director of Sales
A NORTH HOLLYWOOD HOTEL JUST MINUTES FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS AND HOLLYWOOD
Your Urban Oasis Awaits
Bright sun pours in from floor to ceiling windows. An open fireplace warms cool California nights. Artisanal cocktails and farm fresh eats await your request. Welcoming and warm, yet distinctively retro, this is the California dream come true. Every design detail has been handpicked to evoke the whimsy and thoughtful aesthetic of a bygone era. This is your urban oasis, secluded within seven lush acres, yet minutes from excitement and thrills of LA.
The Garland team is about working together, having fun and being happy, genuine hospitality and celebrating each of our unique differences. We offer rewarding benefits in the form of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account and 401K for eligible associates. But that’s not all…here at The Garland we believe in celebrating our Associates with a wide variety of recognition programs and events all year long!
Position Purpose: Responsible for the management, coordination, and execution of items related to the rooms, sales and catering sales operation of the hotel, including solicitation efforts for all market segments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervision of sales, catering and event staff, planning and development of market segments, contract and booking approval, sales lead assignment, and overseeing sales efforts for all Sales and Catering Managers.
- Account prospecting, solicitation, and development via telephone, personal contact, outside calls, correspondence, email and other means of communication. Conduct hotel site inspections, entertain both in house and off property, and maintain thorough follow up methods.
- Represent hotel at trade shows, civic/business functions, industry-related associations, and other events to promote the hotel and/or the city.
- Strategic planning, goal setting, yield management, period end reports, and other departmental activities to meet financial and sales objectives for the property.
- Attend meetings including, but not limited to, pre-convention, business review, departmental.
- Liase with General Manager and Marketing Manager regarding promotions to generate hotel revenues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Mandatory Job Requirements:
- Working knowledge of all hotel operations
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to evaluate options and make decisions quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, guests, associates, department heads, and corporate leadership.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of market segments.
- Ability to organize detailed information.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proficient computer knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Mathematical skills that allow for calculation of room blocks, average rates, and forecast information.
- Ability to travel.
- Flexibility to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Smart financial decisions.
- Ability to meet departmental financial and sales objectives.
- Control departmental expenses within budgeted amount.
- Prepare and submit reports within allotted deadlines.
- Ability to train, motivate and counsel associates for success.
Education/Experience: Four-year college degree or equivalent preferred; Minimum of two years ADOS or DOS experience plus 4 years of hotel experience required. Must have past responsibility for catering sales. Experience with Delphi highly desired.