Kitchen Lead Cook
- $15.50 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
We are looking for a professional line cook to take a lead role. They will prepare food to the exact Kitchen Manager's specifications and to set up stations for menu. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and business goals.
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Managing Kitchen staff when Kitchen Manager is not available
- Take inventory and order products through distributors when Kitchen Manager is not available
- Receive daily orders from for all food outlets
- Train, lead and mentor line cooks, prep cooks and dishwashers.
- Communicates effectively to ensure timely preparation of orders
- Maintains an exceptionally clean and organized station
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Proven cooking experience, minimum 2 years.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Follow specific plating desired by the chef or the standards provided by the restaurant.
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Experience conducting a daily inventory and ordering from purveyors
- Food Handlers Card
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
All job offers are contingent of a successful background screening †
We at Artisanal Brewers Collective are passionate about brewing great beer, making delicious food that is both vegan friendly and non-vegan, all while providing an atmosphere that our guests will find welcoming and entertaining. We currently have several establishments in Downtown LA, Echo Park, Burbank and West LA, as well as other locations coming soon!