- $17.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
The Program Aide provides day-to-day administrative and clerical support to SSVF Staff. Conducts routine front office duties, answers phones, screens and schedules applicants, conducts office and other duties as assigned by Supervisor. Ideal candidate is a self-starter, strong at multi-tasking, highly organized, detail oriented and dependable.
- Receives and directs telephone calls/ visitors. Provide program information as requested.
- Complete eligibility screening for veterans inquiring about program participation
- Schedules intake appointments at SSVF office and outreach locations using Microsoft Outlook
- Track denied eligibility screenings for purposes of program reporting
- Maintain office supply inventory. Complete and submit electronic requisitions for office supply orders
- Provide administrative/clerical support to SSVF Staff
- Data entry and word processing as needed
- Works on special projects
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- A minimum of 2 years’ paid administrative experience in a high-level clerical support or general office administration environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Ability to fluently read, write and communicate in English
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Meticulous in attention to detail with excellent time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to interact with a diverse staff, client, and vendor populations
- Competent in the use of basic office machines, including copier, scanner, fax, postage meter, etc.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to comfortably, both mentally and physically, perform all aspects of job description and other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Ability to comfortably lift at least 20 pounds
- Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Seeing to read reports and data
- Ability to speak English
- Must be able to work in a noisy, busy environment.
- If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2
- Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.