3rd Shift - Feed Mill Receiving Operator
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Primary Purpose of Position:
The position’s main objective is in handling of receiving of grain and commodities. Responsibilities include unloading of trucks and rail cars, taking samples of shipments for further analysis at the labs. Major duties include grain drying and general housekeeping of mill receiving area. The incumbent must be able to do minor repairs as well as handle all receiving operations and is capable of learning all necessary procedures and protocols for receiving operations.
Other Position Characteristics:
- Regularly lift items ranging in both size and weight; stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, climb steps and railcars, and extend arm, frequently lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Employee must operate or be trained in operating the grain drying equipment.
- The employee will be working mainly outdoors, as well as within the mill, receiving and preparing to receive grains or commodities, moderate level of noise and dusty environment is expected, therefore protective equipment is required including safety glasses, hearing protection, protective mask may be used during varying tasks.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Training and Experience Requirements
- A high school diploma or GED, prior experience a plus with grain conveyor systems.
- Must be able to follow directions, understand written sentences, effectively communicate as well as possess basic mathematical skills (record keeping & documentation).