The Guest Request responsibilities include cleaning and maintaining the appearance of the public areas of the hotel, deep cleaning of assigned areas, setting-up and maintaining complimentary hotel lobby functions including the coffee service and nightly concierge events, cleaning and setting-up meeting room functions and delivering service items to guest rooms upon requests from the front desk. Must be Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and demonstrate exceptional hospitality skills.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance; scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Clean/Buff floors daily according to hotel standards.
- Shampoo carpets in the public areas according to hotel standards.
- Shampoo furniture as needed according to hotel standards.
- Clean Public restrooms and ensure maintenance on a regular basis/as needed throughout the shift.
- Practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests, fellow employees and self..
- At the end of the shift, turn in all keys and assignment sheets to the Housekeeping or Front Office.
- Complete daily assignment checklist and submit to supervisor at the end of the day.
- Be familiar with hotel policies and house rules.
- Put all equipment away properly after usage according to hotel standards.
- Have knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures during the overnight shift.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
- Deliver any clean linen
- Complete special projects as assigned by Housekeeping Manager.
- Pick up any Room Attendant's dirty linen or trash as needed constantly throughout shift.
- Before leaving section, collect all trash from the service landings and take to/dispose in outside trash dumpsters per hotel procedures.
- Vacuum all common areas.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of linen rooms.
- Use daily checklist complete projects listed below as assigned.
- Glass tables
- Other projects as assigned by management
- Remove all objects (example: room service trays, trash, etc.) from walkways to the Laundry area or Housekeeping Office as needed.
- Clean and dust floors daily according to hotel standards.
- Maintain hotel equipment in proper working order.
- Maintain storage of hotel equipment in proper area.
- Clean guestrooms as needed.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Housekeeping Manager.
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.