Assistant Store Manager
- $20.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Ask Us!, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Likely to Respond
Bulletproof is an omni-channel content driven consumer products company. Our vision is to make high performance a daily reality for everyone by upgrading the earth’s coffee and food. Our mission is to help people perform better, think faster, and live better using a proven blend of ancient knowledge and new technologies, informed by science, and measured results from our customers. BP products help people live better by using fat for fuel, saying goodbye to sugar and supercharging mitochondria.
Bulletproof has a team of experienced entrepreneurs and biohackers working to make high performance a daily reality for everyone on the planet. While our culture is casual and our workplace flexible, everyone on the team is passionate, smart, focused and driven.
Our customers know that our coffee, beverages, food, and supplements are the purest you can get anywhere, and you can expect to feel a difference in how you perform the first time you experience them. Environmentally conscious and ethically sourced products build a sustainable foundation for future generations to thrive.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Store Manager to join our team, who will be responsible for assisting the store manager in executing store operations for our Santa Monica café. In this key role, you will help establish Bulletproof Coffee in the local community, make connections with the customers you see every day, and lead your store's day-to-day operations. This position enforces all procedures in the absence of the store manager and demonstrates a commitment to our brand values.
The ideal candidate will exude customer service and passion for all things Bulletproof; love building meaningful connections with people; is poised, self-confident, and extroverted; is results oriented and self-motivated; is engaging and radiates natural warmth and enthusiasm; loves working in a fast-paced environment; and enjoys educating and helping others.
- Execute store operations during scheduled shift
- Follow operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security
- Assist store manager in planning and executing sales promotions and maintaining a positive community image
- Grow customer base and drive top line sales
- Create “memorable moments” by providing a unique and exceptional customer experience
- Assist store manager in creating the weekly schedule according to labor guidelines and consider any fluctuations in sales due to holidays or local events
- Process all payroll information in an accurate and timely manner
- Conduct pre-employment interviews designed to minimize team member turnover and to ensure proper staffing levels are maintained
- Provide coaching and direction to the store team to take action and to achieve operational goals
- Mentoring and training new hires while conducting ongoing training for the rest of the team members
- Communicate any concerns, incidents, callouts, and other important information to the store manager so the team can respond as necessary Ensure dress code and personal appearance of staff are kept to the highest standard
- Report employee accidents and potential safety hazards to the store manager, complete appropriate paperwork, and recommend a proper course of action
- Assist in monthly from the start to finish of the process
- Understanding of ordering and assisting in the ordering of product for the café
- Coordinate ordering and storage of supplies while communicating with the kitchen supervisor and store manager on any additional stock changes or requirements
- Maintain high cleanliness standards consistently throughout the store in the areas of store appearance, merchandise, and equipment
Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma is required; Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- 1 to 2 years of food service/restaurant management experience
- Demonstrated skill in handling multiple tasks and highly organized
- Supervising, scheduling, training, management and coaching skills
- Operational knowledge of the cash register and cash handling procedures
- Ability to delegate tasks effectively in an assertive manner
- Demonstrates good judgment and decision-making skills
- You’re available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- You’re able to meet the physical requirements of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You’re looking to grow and learn the necessary skills to be a café manager
- You’re able to juggle many projects simultaneously and prioritize the most critical among them
- You’ve read the book or blog, or hear the podcast enough to understand our culture, and are ready to live our mission to help people radically improve their lives
Maximum fun, maximum knowledge, and maximum performance are a part of the job description, and you’ll get to work with the team on a regular basis to upgrade your game, your mental performance, and your life. Store hours are 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM, which results in a healthy work/life balance. In addition to competitive salaries for our management roles, we offer generous benefits options including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, bulletproof.com store credit, product discounts and more! This is a great opportunity to grow with a company.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Bulletproof is a group of high performance experienced entrepreneurs and biohackers working to upgrade human performance with industry-leading supplements, coffee, products and technology. We’re passionate about sharing actionable, accurate, science-backed information that changes people’s lives every day. While our culture is casual and our schedules flexible, everyone on the team is smart, focused and driven.