Shift Supervisor w/opportunities for job evolution
- compensation depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
CAFE-BAKERY-BISTRO EXPERIENCE MANDATORY
NOTION OF FRENCH LANGUAGE WILL BE A MUST
This position contributes to Pitchoun success by assisting the Store Manager in executing store operations during scheduled shifts. You will assist in the supervision of staff and store operations and are responsible for the overall leadership and direction of the store in the absence of the manager.
You assist in leading the store's operations, staffing, customer satisfaction, product quality, financial performance and team development in FOH operations. You should ensure that the FOH team have a clear understanding of Pitchoun’s goals and expectations. You manage the shift requirements for labor, customer service and team member tasks.
Your position is totally linked to the excellent customer service Pitchoun wants to provide and to the store pleasant work atmosphere. Our bakery is an important part of the local community. You help the store team make connections with the customers they see every day. Best of all, you'll help the team create a welcoming environment. You will follow approved procedures for receiving product, price marking, and restocking cases to ensure quality protection, accuracy, and product rotation. You will follow all inventory control procedures to maximize product freshness, quality, turnover, and availability for maximum sales. You will assist customers and will properly merchandise products in display cases and price correctly according to company standards.
Job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Leadership & team management
- Supervise & develop the staff in accordance with the Store Manager, in accordance with the Pitchoun principles
- Demonstrate a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events and manage smooth transitions thereafter to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the store team.
- Display a "customer comes first" attitude by training and holding partners accountable for delivering an irreproachable customer service.
- Drive the implementation of company programs by developing action plans and directly motivating and instructing the store team to implement them to meet operational and organizational objectives.
- Provide coaching and direction to the store team
- Constantly review store environment and identify concerns and find the appropriate solution when needed
- Maintain a professional relationship with the staff so as to be an effective & consistent team manager
- Practice proper and consistent procedures in disciplining the staff, according to Pitchoun guidelines
- Supervise the daily shifts changes and ensure that each shift team works properly
- Help the Manager train new staff in accordance with Pitchoun guidelines and coach the FOH team
- Manage with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture and values of Pitchoun.
- Be proficient with all cash handling procedures & requirements
- Effectively open and/or close the store when asked, using proper checklists, cleaning procedures & setup/breakdown guidelines
- Provide a safe and secure work environment for staff and customers
- Communicate effectively to both the General Management and to the Staff
- When appropriate, communicate to the General Management regarding issues with the staff, morale issues, products, system issues, etc.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with each and every customer contact
- Set up Pitchoun Customer Service Principles for the whole team and ensure these principles are applied
- Lead by example when interacting with customers
- Control the store atmosphere for customer comfort (lights, music, room temperature, table maintenance, store appearance)
- Develop long-lasting relationships with the neighborhood
- Learn the names of regular customers
- Acknowledge those that visit the store frequently
- Know the products, their quality, consistency, positioning and signage
- Learn about each product & its ingredients
- Take action when a product’s consistency or quality varies – communicate via the chain of command & pull the product immediately when needed
- Set the display consistently according to company guidance. Always think about how a product may be positioned to sell better.
- Display each product with a clean, neatly written sign
- Assist the Manager with inventory and ordering, including proper storage
- Assist in answering catering calls & taking orders while communicating with Manager of upcoming pick ups
- Assist the Manager in troubleshooting and adjusting menu items and prices
- College degree in business or a closely related field may substitute for a portion of the required experience
- High school or GED
- Management and retail experiences
- Experience in a bakery is a plus
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple situations simultaneously
- Knowledge of customer service techniques
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures
- Organization and planning skills
- Mathematical skills and strong financial notions
- Strong communication skills in a customer-service environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to coach and mentor others
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Constant standing/walking
- Occasional stooping, kneeling or crawling
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 40 lbs
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps
- Constant computer/POS Register and bar equipment usage
- Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine.
- Constant reaching, turning, and performing precision work around bar area
- Constant receiving detailed information through oral communication
- Constant talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
- Occasional distinguishing, with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or quality of flavors and/or odors
- Constant clarity of vision at near and/or far distances
- Clean shoes
• Clean outfit (black pants/jeans and black or white shirt or Pitchoun Tshirt)
• Clean Pitchoun orange apron – not mandatory (provided)