- $15.00 Hourly
- Part Time
- Health Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Ask Us!, Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Welcome to The Venice Whaler, a local institution, welcoming locals and visitors alike, since 1944.
We’ve been an escape from reality, a place for celebration, and a favorite watering hole to numerous artists including the Doors, Beatles, and Beach Boys. So whether it’s our magical sunsets, our killer margaritas, or our world famous fish tacos that bring people in, we invite them to stay a while and join us in the same toast that we’ve been raising since 1944 – TO LIFE!
We are looking for an observant, efficient Bar Back who can work with other staff members to ensure that our customers receive prompt, seamless service. The Bar Back will assist in cleaning the bar, preparing garnishes, ensuring the bar is well stocked with napkins, straws, glassware, garnishes, and all other necessities, and taking on other duties to support the Bartender and ensure that the bar operates smoothly. You should be knowledgeable about menu items, attentive, and focused on providing the best possible service in a fast-paced environment.
Bar Back Responsibilities:
- Assisting with opening and closing duties, such restocking the bar with garnishes, straws, and napkins, ensuring that Bartenders have clean towels, glassware, etc.
- Ensuring bar is well-stocked with ice, liquor, wine, and beer.
- Checking taps and appliances to confirm that they are working properly, making minor repairs or changing out kegs, if needed.
- Keeping the bar clean by wiping down surfaces, sweeping and mopping, removing soiled glassware, scrubbing coolers and storage areas, and emptying trash receptacles.
- Learning about menu items and memorizing cocktail recipes.
- Taking orders, preparing drinks, bussing tables, opening tabs, and processing payments especially during peak hours.
Bar Back Requirements:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Courteous, friendly personality and professional appearance.
- Knowledge of menu items, including beers, wines, cocktails, and liquors.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Strong problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills, ability to handle tense situations with coworkers and customers calmly and rationally.
- Observant and thorough.
- Responsible, punctual.
- Ability to meet physical and scheduling demands of the position, including, walking, standing, or lifting heavy items for extended periods and working nights, weekends, and holidays.