Front Desk Supervisor
- $16.00 - $18.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
We are currently seeking professional and flexible individuals to join our growing team of Front Desk staff at the new Calamigos Guest Ranch located on the beautiful Calamigos Ranch in Malibu, CA. Our 70 private luxury Cottages, Bungalows, and Estate Rooms are designed across almost 200 acres in the rugged elevated mountains above Malibu. With over 75 years of hospitality in the Santa Monica Mountains we strive to create an experience our guests will never forget. Since 1947 the Gerson Family has owned and operated the Calamigos Ranch. The Gerson Family spans five generations as one of the longest continuous businesses in Malibu, and the county of Los Angeles. Our mission statement is to offer our honored guests a hospitality experience that is professional and comfortable as we welcome you into our home. At our elegant resort nestled softly within nature we believe in the power of the word YES.
High School Degree or Equivalent
Customer Service experience
Flexible work hours
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Professional demeanor and positive attitude a MUST
Job Description:The Front Desk Supervisor provides guidance and leadership to the Guest Service Agents ensuring consistent quality customer service is delivered. The Front Desk Supervisor will resolve customer complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation and determining the most effective solutions. They will make decisions and take action based on good judgment and brand standards.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee the registering of guests, issuing of room keys, providing information, and processing payments for stay and all guest room move requests according to standards.
- Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner with a pleasant, energetic voice.
- Up-sell rooms when possible.
- Follow and monitor proper cash handling procedures outlined in the bank contract and training manual.
- Distribute mail/messages/faxes according to standard operating procedures.
- Anticipate guests' needs.
- Conduct site tours of hotel guest rooms and general areas when needed.
- Handle confidential information and guest information with a high degree of integrity.
- Interview, select, train and manage up to 10 employees.
- Previous hotel experience required
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Must have a valid US Drivers License and satisfactory driving record
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office preferred
- Must be able to perform under pressure
- Must be able to work with a team
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be able to read, write, comprehend, and understand English
- Must be available for in-person interview
Quietly nestled in the heart of the Santa Monica Mountains in Malibu Wine Country, Calamigos Ranch is the only destination event ranch for weddings, conferences, company picnics, private getaways, and more.
Since 1936, Calamigos Ranch has been its own unique chapter in Malibu’s history. Before the small town was known worldwide as a getaway for wellness, relaxation, and events, Grant and Helen Walter Gerson saw it’s potential. They envisioned a beautiful property where people could experience nature and leisure together close to everything Malibu has to offer.
Experience over 250 acres of Calamigos Ranch with a footprint from the hills above Malibu all the way to the Calamigos Beach Club and the sandy shores of the Pacific. For over 80 years the Gerson Family welcomes you, and your most special guests, to Calamigos Ranch.