- $68K - $75K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
This position requires licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Arizona or compact state. The role encompasses a variety of duties essential in supervising, assessing, plans, coordinating facilitating, and evaluating patient care and staff development; determines and maintains resident units and standards (using nursing process and evidence –based information). Assumes responsibility and accountability for incorporating the vision, values, mission, and critical goals of the Friendship Retirement Corporation and Glencroft Senior Living into their job performance. Assists the Director of Nursing, in the management of the unit's assigned staff and resident population. May provide direct patient care according to needs of the unit and collaborates with medical care providers in executing the medical plan of care. Must be able to fluently communicate in or to take or give direction or guidance in the English language.
A thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures in the use and function of nursing management principles. Strong written and oral communication skills. Effective in establishing and maintaining rapport with staff, residents, resident's families, visiting doctors and internal business partners. Must possess the ability to maintain composure under pressure. A professional appearance is to be maintained at all times. The Clinical Manager will possess a genuine interest in and concern for all Glencroft residents.
- Regular attendance is considered an essential function of this position and is necessary for the efficient operation of the business.
- Oversees the staff and ensure adequate staffing levels, inclusive of hiring/onboarding, evaluating, managing performance, coaching and developing employees ensuring employee productivity, quality of work, and alignment of goals with our mission, vision, and values. Ensure compliance with all policies, financial stewardship by being accountable for the financial integrity around development and maintenance of department budget.
- Serves as a resource to others, including staff, patients, families, caregivers, physicians, and visitors. Facilitates inter/intra departmental collaboration, communications and promotes problem solving. Participates in policy revisions and committees applicable to department. Participates in the creation, implementation, and follow-up of goals and action planning related to unit.
- Contributes to the recruitment and retention of talented staff through positive role modeling, fostering peer relationships, staff education, and participating in preceptor and/or mentor programs thereby creating an environment for quality practice. Coordinates educational and professional activities as they relate to department/unit needs.
- Utilizes the nursing process and evidence-based practice to provide and evaluate the patient’s plan of care. Initiates and supports quality improvement initiatives and utilizes resources effectively and efficiently.
- Directs staff in the application of the nursing process. Provides direction for coordination of resident’s care, promotes and enhances independent functioning among clinical staff.
- Responsible for counseling, coaching, mentoring and disciplinary actions of all employees under the nursing department.
- Along with the Director of Nursing, is responsible for staff turnover, staffing PPD’s evaluation of staff and staff development on a unit and individual basis.
- Performs all duties of a registered nurse competently and with a positive and cooperative attitude.
- Monitors compliance with documentation, policies and systems for the accuracy of assessments, treatments, evaluations and documentation of care. Monitors delivery of resident care is in accordance with facility policy and procedures.
- Participates in setting departmental performance standards, goals and objectives in establishing and implementing policies and procedures for the department of nursing; serves on Nursing Policy & Procedures Committee; acts as a resource nurse for nursing personnel in interpreting and complying with facility policy and procedures.
- Participates in Quality Assurance and Quality Management of the Nursing Department in accordance with nursing practice standard and facility policy & procedures; develops monitoring tools to identify problem areas and recommends and implements corrective action. Self-directed monitoring and review of incident reports and oversees follow-up actions.
- Monitors availability, cleanliness and safety of equipment used by staff and residents.
- Demonstrates respect for resident by maintaining resident’s dignity and confidentiality providing privacy and abiding by the resident’s Bill of Rights.
- Ensures staff is answering all call lights in sight and hearing in an expedited manner.
- Responsible for providing timely and accurate reporting to nursing employees of department and corporate information
- Works closely with the staffing coordinator to ensure optimal staffing ratio.
- Participates and performs annual review of staff performance for the nursing department.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
This position requires current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Arizona or a compact state and preferably a baccalaureate degree in nursing. The incumbent must have a minimum of three years of experience, preferably in a geriatric environment. The incumbent must possess excellent human relations and communication skills to provide effective working relationships, specifically to older adults.
The vision of Glencroft is to create an environment that inspires seniors to experience enriched and fulfilling lives. Glencroft is the largest Senior Living Community in Arizona and the 4th largest in the nation. The community sits on 40 lush acres of citrus trees and grass. We offer all-inclusive services to our residents which consists of housekeeping, security, meals, transportation and activities.
To provide a broad continuum of high quality senior services in a manner that demonstrates Christian love and compassion we select only the best employees. If you are passionate about your job and working with seniors in a team-orientated work environment, then we want you.