Ice Cream Scooper
- $15.00 Hourly
- Temporary / Seasonal
- Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
What’s the Scoop?
Ample Hills Creamery is the beloved Brooklyn-based, family-owned ice cream company started and run by husband and wife duo Brian Smith and Jackie Cuscuna. Since its first store opening in Prospect Heights, Brooklyn in 2011, the brand has been rated #1 in New York City by Zagat, named “Best Ice Cream in America” by Food Network, and has been featured in outlets such as The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, AdWeek, The TODAY Show, O, The Oprah Magazine, and more. Brian and Jackie now run twelve locations in New York City, New Jersey, Florida, and their first West Coast-location in the Los Feliz neighborhood of Los Angeles, scooping cult-favorite flavors in their creative and playful style, like Salted Crack'd Caramel, Ooey Gooey Butter Cake, and The Munchies, with pints sold in retailers across the Northeast region including Whole Foods. In 2014, the duo debuted their first book, Ample Hills Creamery: Secrets and Stories from Brooklyn’s Favorite Ice Cream Shop (Stewart, Tabori and Chang). Ample Hills is looking to continue to grow their retail and wholesale footprint and to bring Brooklyn’s favorite ice cream shop to a neighborhood near you.
As an Ice Cream Scooper at Ample Hills, you are the face of the brand. You share the company story, serve delicious homemade ice cream, and help make our guests feel at home while in our Scoop Shops. Additionally you will process customer transactions, maintain the cleanliness of the Scoop Shop, and craft special offerings like waffle cones, gourmet coffee, and ice cream cakes. You will be part of a growing team, some of the highest level managers and directors of Ample Hills began their career as Ice Cream Scoopers.
What’s Your Role:
- Greet all guests entering the Scoop Shop, and offer them samples.
- Scoop and serve ice cream in the appropriate portions to guests with a smile.
- Make and serve coffee drinks, milkshakes, espresso, waffle cones, ice cream cakes, etc. (Menu offerings are subject to change, always referring to the standard recipe guide)
- Share information about the products, brand history, and the story of the ice cream flavors with guests.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station and shop environment while following all regulations as detailed by the local Department of Health.
- Practice safe food handling and personal hygiene.
- Process transactions at the Point of Sale (POS) with efficiency, handling all cash transactions with accuracy.
- Learn and maintain a working knowledge of all store offerings, ice cream flavors, sundaes, milkshakes etc. and how to prepare them.
- Stocking, rotating, and organizing work stations with ice cream and other essential supplies.
- Maintain a “Culture of Yes” at all times while working with Amployees and guests.
- Contribute to a positive working environment by treating all Amployees and guests with respect.
- Willingness to support and participate in parties, events, and community service initiatives hosted by the company.
- Ability to receive direct feedback and communicate feedback and ideas to your peers and managers.
- Complete additional duties and tasks as assigned by Shift Managers, Assistant General Managers, and General Managers.
What’s Your Skill Set?
- Lover of gourmet ice cream and desserts.
- You are positive, dependable, and punctual.
- You are a story-teller at heart, with the ability to share your personality with guests and have FUN!
- You are able to work a flexible schedule of late nights, weekends, and holidays - based on the needs of the business.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing retail food service environment.
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours a day.
- Must be able to bend, twist, and lift up to 30lbs unassisted.