Line/ Prep Chefs
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
We are an exciting new Aussie Restaurant opening in September! Located in the Culver City Platform, near a number of shops and the metro. We are looking to hire front and back of house positions!
Responsible for food preparation and general kitchen sanitation. Must have basic knowledge of kitchen equipment including knife handling. Responsible for maintaining a clean cooking and working area. Must maintain a neat a professional appearance and manner.
● Must cook food to temp in a timely manner
● Keeps area stocked with clean and sanitized utensils, plate ware, glassware, cookware and equipment.
● Under the direction of the management or skilled kitchen staff, handles basic prep work, cleaning and dishwashing.
● Ensures dishes are properly washed, rinsed, sanitized, properly stored, and available as needed.
● Keeps sanitation solution up to company standards and health department codes at all times.
● Sets up and closes down dishwasher in compliance with company procedures.
● Cleans and sanitizes area and equipment throughout the shift.
● Keeps dish areas clean by sweeping, mopping floors, wiping countertops, and emptying trash.
● Completes assigned prep work to ensure timely service of menu items.
● Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary to ensure safety at all times.
● Performs shift change and/or open/closing duties.
● Works with all kitchen/bar staff to maintain compliance with company and health department policies and guidelines
● Must monitor inventory at all times and report items that need to be reordered.
● Special projects as requested
● Other duties as assigned
● Must have 1 year of kitchen experience
● Observant and able to take initiative to get the job done
● Outstanding customer service
● Detail and multi-task oriented
Job Type: Part-time with open availability