The Support Staff members role will be determined by restaurant need. Support Staff members will ensure the timely delivery of food and drink to our guests, and they may assist the timely cleaning and resetting of tables, as well as other tasks as assigned. The Support Staff member is a hospitality professional who works with friendliness, speed and efficiency to help ensure an extraordinary experience for all our guests.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Delivers food and beverages to guests in a timely manner, and assists in ensuring accuracy of order and adherence to quality standards.
- May clear and clean tables, floors and all service areas throughout the restaurant, which may require reaching, bending, stooping, lifting and working with cleaning agents.
- Completes sidework and other tasks as assigned.
- Knows the food and beverage menu, and is able to speak to the menu from memory.
- Assists in maintaining organized work area, which may require reaching, bending, stooping, lifting and working with cleaning agents.
- Understands and practices proper safe food and beverage handling procedures in accordance with local government standards.
- Communicates to the manager or chef on duty when there is a guest issue to be tended to or resolved, to include special accommodations needed, guest complaints, etc.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) preferred.
- At least 18 years of age.
- High energy and stamina. Able to work within a fast-paced, highly mobile environment.
- Able to stand and walk for up to 10 hours per day; able to climb flights of stairs.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Able to work flexible shifts and schedules, inclusive of weekends, and all holidays.
- Able to perform essential functions and demonstrate competencies to company standards with reasonable accommodation.
- Able to communicate effectively in the primary language of the work location.
- If running drinks, must be of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages and must be certified in (or able to become certified in) responsible alcohol service in accordance with state or local laws