- $12.00 - $14.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
We pride ourselves on the culinary creations served from our counter kitchen. We are looking for an experienced and passionate Cook to help support our team. The ideal candidate for this position has previous experience as short order cook in a diner, cafe or fast food, enjoys working in a busy, fun, engaging environment and is capable of taking direction well, while multi-tasking effectively. If you have restaurant industry experience and a passion for food prep and strong customer service, please submit an application to us today.
- Able to read and follow standardized recipes
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling procedures
- Able to work as part of a team in a busy kitchen atmosphere
- Maintain accurate food inventories
- Properly store food items at appropriate temperatures
- ServeSafe Certification preferred
- Rotate stock items as per established procedures
- Restock kitchen for subsequent shifts
- Ensure that the food prep area and kitchen are cleaned and sanitized at the end of your shift
- Must be on their feet for long periods of time.Professional and friendly. (Even in tough situations)
- Team player
- Effective communication skills with guests and staff.Quick thinking
- Basic Culinary skills
- Great attention to detail.
About The Counter:
Located in the lobby, The Counter is the hub of the hotel serving up delicious grab and go fare all day long. Enjoy made to order sandwiches, pizzas and more or grab a delicious prepared salad or wrap all made fresh daily. The Counter features a full coffee menu and lots of local flavor like juices from Juice Basin anddoughnuts from Purple Glaze.
We are a service focused and design forward collection of hotels deeply immersed in our communities through authentic hospitality, inclusion and education.
- Encourage people to be themselves and create honest, genuine
and thoughtful experiences
- We are passionate about our role with in the local community
through education, employment, charity and community partnerships
- We create a warm neighborhood place where everyone is welcome
- We are daring, we are fun and we are committed to making our industry better