- $16.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
This position is responsible for greeting guests at the door. The host/hostess seats and presents clean menus to guests in a friendly, professional and quick manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greets and seats guests, presents menus to guests, informs them of specials
- Treats all guests in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strives to exceed guests' expectations
- Takes names on a waiting list
- Clear view and understanding of running the floor
- Observes tables and keeps track of clean, dirty and occupied tables
- Takes guest information and quotes wait times to guests accurately when tables are not immediately available
- Cleans, organizes and stocks menus at the host area
- Answers phone and answers questions concerning the menu, restaurant, and reservation inquiries
- Interacts with guests as they arrive and as they leave the restaurant to ensure positive dining experience
- Assist the floor, if needed
- Fills to-go orders, if applicable
- Maintains restrooms throughout shift
- Sweeps foyer and front entrance area frequently
- Performs other duties as directed
- Customer Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
- Stress Management/Composure
- Multi-task oriented
Skills & Requirements
- 1+ years of high volume restaurant experience required
- Resy online reservation platform experience required
- High school diploma or GED
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
A restaurant and bar environment. The work station may be drafty due to its location by the door, and the work environment noise level can be loud. Hazards may include, but are not limited to, slipping and tripping.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
Must be able to read, write, and determine wait time based on Company's procedures. Must be able to visually scan the restaurant for clean, unoccupied tables. This position requires frequent washing of hands.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This may be a full-time or part-time position. Frequent evening and weekend shifts are required.
TUCKED IN THE HEART OF THE LOWER EAST SIDE, DUDLEY’S IS AN AUSSIE-AMERICAN CAFÈ THAT BEAMS GOOD FOOD AND VIBES.