Assistant Pastry Baker - Charleston Bread LLC
- $12.00 - $15.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Assistant Pastry Baker
The primary responsibilities for this job are assisting the pastry baker in planning and production of products other than bread-including pastries, muffins, cookies, cakes and related products -for retail and commercial sale.
Regular duties include providing assistance to the pastry baker with the following:
- Management of all steps of production, including weigh-out of ingredients, mixing, laminating and portioning dough and batter, baking and decorating (as needed) final product, and management of frozen and retarded doughs.
- Preparation of daily production schedule. This requires regular communication with the pastry baker and manager regarding choice of products and batch sizes.
- Maintenance of daily production schedules and management of schedule for daily baking in the convection oven (and small electric oven). When needed, and to the extent practical, this information should be maintained in writing.
- Daily cleaning and maintenance (excluding mechanical repair) of equipment including Hobart mixer, mixer bowls and mixer attachments, convection oven, hand mixer, food processor and work tables.
- Washing dishes and putting them away.
- Assist in monitoring, organizing and maintaining inventory of baking ingredients; help prepare ingredient orders.
- The assistant pastry baker is expected to communicate regularly with the pastry baker and manager and other staff members regarding all regular duties.
- Assist with product development, as time allows.
- Perform additional tasks as communicated by the pastry baker and manager.
Additional tasks related to maintenance and cleaning of the bakery may arise from time to time- the lead pastry baker is expected to assist the manager, owner, and other staff members as needed to complete tasks as they arise and as communicated by the manager.
Job Description - January 31, 2020