Valet Parking Attendant
- $6.50 - $9.50 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
- Parks and retrieves automobiles for guests visiting the hotel. Greet and welcome arriving guests as they enter the hotel. Assist both arriving and departing guests with baggage handling.
- This is a tipped position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcomes guests upon arrival in the most welcoming demeanor possible.
- Assists guests with baggage.
- Helps guests in and out of automobiles. Opens lobby doors.
- Parks and retrieves automobiles for guests in a prompt and safe manger.
- Summons and dispatches taxis.
- Listen and respond to guest inquiries using a positive, clear speaking voice. Answer questions and offer assistance giving accurate information regarding directions and hotel services and local attractions.
- Issues and collects automobile claim tickets.
- Maintains clean and safe entrances and parking lots.
- Must have valid Driver's License
- Must have the ability to drive a stick shift
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of the city, particularly tourist attractions.
- Must be able to respond to guest requests and business volume quickly and efficiently
- Solid knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
- Will need to pass a drug test and background screening (Criminal and Driving Record).
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, up to 8 hours.
- Working Weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) and Holidays are required.
After 90 days of employment
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Long & Short Term Disability
- 401K (with match program)
After 6 months of employment
- Sick Time
After 1 year of employment
- Vacation Time (80 Hours)
The Moonrise Hotel in St. Louis, Missouri, blends cool modern design and quirky sophistication to create a truly unique boutique hotel experience. Located in The Loop- one of St. Louis' most vibrant shopping, dining and entertainment districts- the hotel offers guest a wide array of leisure activities.
We are a family of people who care about one another. From our guests, to our co-workers, to our community we put people’s needs first. We ASPIRE to help others and improve ourselves by being present, having a positive and respectful attitude, being honest and keeping our word, providing exciting service, and most importantly having fun!
TOP REASONS TO WORK FOR US:
- We've got a great product to sell!
- We have fun at work, but get the job done.
- We are independently minded and we hire people that are the same way.
- We take the competition seriously, but not ourselves.
- We are lively, enthusiastic, and fast moving
- We do what we say we are going to do and we are who we say we are.
- We're colorful, quirky, and stylish!
- We have a great benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, 401k, and more.
- We do not give you scripts, we like your free spirit, but we're professional.
- 100% of our employees have rated the hotel as a place they are proud to work at, year after year.