Nursery / Finishing Tech
- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Dental Insurance
- Employer Likely to Respond
Primary Purpose of Position:
The position’s main objective is in handling swine weighing between 25-150 pounds (Nursery), 200 and 600 pounds (Finishing). Major duties in a Nursery/Finishing farm include but are not limited to following farm manager's instructions on how to load and receive hogs; use chain hoist; lift and pull deceased animals; vaccinate & mark hogs, weight, read and write on tickets; keep accurate records; properly euthanize animals; available to work every other weekend as well as certain holidays.
Other Position Characteristics:
- Regularly lift items ranging in both size and weight and stand.
- Employee is required stoop, kneel, crouch, reach or extend arms, and walk regularly, frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
- Employee must be able to spend up to two hours at a time performing repetitive motions.
- The employee will be working the majority of time inside the farm, moderate level of livestock noise and protective equipment used during tasks include safety glasses, cutting board, hearing protection, protective mask.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Training and Experience Requirements:
- The employee must be able to adapt to a flexible work schedule and be able to work every other weekend. Must be capable of following oral instructions or written directions. The employee should be an active listener and learner as well as possess the ability to speak clearly and convey information effectively.
- Must be able to understand written sentences and effectively communicate as well as possess basic mathematical skills (record keeping & documentation). Ability to teach others how to complete tasks as well as perform minor maintenance of equipment.