Social Media Intern, DTLA
- $0.00 Hourly
- Part Time
- ask, food, discounts
Social Media Intern
The Sulfur Group is seeking a Social Media Intern for Spring/Summer 2018. The social media intern needs to be a motivated, innovative marketer with a passion for social media and proven written/editorial skills in producing and implementing cutting edge digital creative, communications, and filming content. This is a hands-on internship that will expose you to many different parts of the marketing department and the company but will focus primarily on our Organic Social Team.
We have created an Internship program that provides real-word experience in the digital media and entertainment world. This position is for the student that checks their social media apps all day everyday, knows what is trending on Instagram and SnapChat , and loves watching YouTube. Additionally, you may be assisting with our event activations and facilitating campaign planning logistics. Candidates must have an interest in social media, cultural trends and creative marketing.
The social media intern will be expected to learn with our team to cast and manage influencer campaigns and brainstorm creative concepts for various brands. The projects will vary in time and number depending on business. The intern will assist with every stage of an influencer campaign from conception to completion.
This internship is for educational purposes in order to prepare interns for careers in digital marketing and entertainment. This is a non-paid internship.
· Assisting Campaign Procurement
· Assisting Campaign Management
· Assisting Content development programs
· Talent research
· Assist in conceptualizing and producing social media content
· Execute small-scale production requests tied to event needs
· Proof-reading, imagery sourcing, and updating internal marketing presentations
· Note-taking in meetings, calls, and presentations
· Research competitors, trends and innovative social media initiatives within the tech industry
· Research current marketing trend in tech and related industries
· Aid in the organization on our private customer database
· Organize and disseminate marketing material
· Maintain outgoing shipments
· Brainstorm with the Marketing team on creative new initiatives
Gain Experience In:
· Content Creation
· Knowledge of the entertainment and digital industry
· Strong team environment
· Support partnerships with Social Media celebrity relationships
· Online marketing and social media trends
· Running a social media campaign
· Building an editorial calendar
· Web Analytics and Reporting
Requirements and Preferences:
· Must be at least 18 years old
· Must be enrolled in College or University
· Pursuing a degree in Marketing, Business, or related
· At least one prior internship in branding, marketing, social media, or copywriting.
· Aware of pop culture, fashion, and social media trends
· Ability to wrote copy that is succinct, smart, and specific to social media
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Fluent with G Suite products (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.
· A baseline knowledge of previous The Sulfur Group campaigns and partnerships
· An eye for great talent, great writing, and design
· Mac/Windows Proficient
· Basic editing software experience i.e Facetune, VSCO, Photoshop, Illustrator
· Able to travel to our Downtown LA office
· Positive attitude
· Impeccable attention to detail
· Exceptional writing skills
· Basic photography skills
The Sulfur Group makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated social engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. The Sulfur Group’s team is headquartered in downtown Los Angeles, with plans of expansion to New York, San Franciso, and London. For more information, visit www.thesulfurgroup.com/about.
Many people and companies around the globe use The Sulfur Group to help bring their ideas and dreams to life. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our client base, but we strive for the same in our employees and interns. At The Sulfur Group, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.