Restaurant General Manager
- $65K - $75K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Position Purpose: This position is concerned with managing the F&B operation of The Front Yard, Lobby Bar/Pool and In-Room dining, as a successful operating center ensuring maximum guest satisfaction and financial viability, all within accordance with hotel established standards. This is executed through planning, organizing, communication, training and controlling of the outlets’ operations and costs.
Essential Job Functions:
Overall Operational Duties
• Direct, manage and provide strategic leadership and direction for assigned Food & Beverage outlets.
• Maximize revenues, profitability and control costs of the operations.
• Supervises the planning and scheduling of management work assignments and performance development.
• Ensure effective operations of applicable food and beverage venues at all times.
• Oversee the hiring and development of the food & beverage personnel.
• Develop, implement, maintain and enforce all company & departmental policies and procedures as well as standards of quality and performance.
• Develop a standardized training program for the department.
• Work with F&B Director to develop department budget and review monthly performance vs. budget and other goals as applicable.
• Continue to raise the quality of food and service in the food and beverage outlets.
• Maintain relationship with venders and fellow restaurants.
• Book, organize and maintain all private party and event information for The Front Yard.
• Develop innovative menus that exceed guest expectations and meet cost of sales (COS) standards.
• Ensure state licensing/certification of food and beverage handlers.
• Conduct performance appraisals and counsel/discipline staff as appropriate.
• Maintain Safety and Health regulations.
• Knows the hotel’s property amenities & marketing programs.
• Excellent communication, guest service and team building skills.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ensures that operating standards are met and ensures that the established service sequence is adhered to
• Has thorough menu and F&B product knowledge
• Handles guest inquiries and complaints
• Maintains a high profile in the operation
• Has complete knowledge of all duties and responsibilities of each job position reporting to them
• Effectively communicates and disseminates information to employees
• Sets up and maintains displays and Point of Sales
• Conducts daily walk through of the area of responsibility
• Conducts daily pre-shift meetings
• On going communication with the chef; maintains open and effective front of house and back of house relations
• Assigns operational responsibilities to subordinates and follows up
• Completes and maintains log books
• Manages sanitary conditions and cleaning.
• Provides leadership and sets the examples
• Mathematical abilities in order to determine and track inventory, controls, revenue productions, and other hotel financial statement.
• Ability to work majority of shift standing and moving about in restaurants and kitchen areas.
• Drafts, devises and executes promotions and specials
• Suggests ideas to the F&B Director for discussion and implementation
• Devises, plans and organize special events and promotions as requested.
• Carries out monthly inventories of beverage and operating equipment.
• Manages and controls costs
• Understands the P&L and how to use it
• Manages and controls payroll
• Conducts performance evaluations of F&B staff
• Devises management training plans
• Maintains employee’s training records
• Ensures that each staff member is sufficiently trained to meet all standards
• Has thorough knowledge of local and company labor regulations and law
• Recruits & interviews potential candidates
• Documents and records staff discipline actions
• Attends meetings and training as directed
• Responds to service requests as needed
• To revise and update the departmental operations manual on an as-needed basis.
• Monitors guest satisfaction
• Carry out any requests by upper management in conjunction with work
• To ensure that all employees provide courteous and professional service at all times.
• Maintains a positive and outgoing attitude on the job.
• To maintain good working relationships with colleagues.
• To have a complete understanding of the Hotel’s associate handbook and to adhere to its’ rules and regulations.
• To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times by adhering to the Grooming Policy.
• Five or more years of F&B management experience in a food driven and high service level establishment preferred.
• Comprehensive knowledge of all spirits to include small batch vodka, gin, bourbon, whiskey, tequila, aperitifs, cordials, and Scottish whiskey.
• Extensive knowledge of beer to include production, styles, and California microbrews.
• Extensive knowledge of wine to include varietals, pairings, regions and language.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to establish and maintain an effective relationship with all department management, staff, personnel and general public.
• Strong awareness of potential revenue loss and profit sectors.
• Proven leadership ability with successful track record with development of hourly and management staff
• Working knowledge of Micros, Open Table, and Microsoft Office suite.
• University/College degree in a related discipline a plus
Reporting Relationship: This position reports to the Director of Food & Beverage
A NORTH HOLLYWOOD HOTEL JUST MINUTES FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS AND HOLLYWOOD
Your Urban Oasis Awaits
Bright sun pours in from floor to ceiling windows. An open fireplace warms cool California nights. Artisanal cocktails and farm fresh eats await your request. Welcoming and warm, yet distinctively retro, this is the California dream come true. Every design detail has been handpicked to evoke the whimsy and thoughtful aesthetic of a bygone era. This is your urban oasis, secluded within seven lush acres, yet minutes from excitement and thrills of LA.
A unique neighborhood gathering place, The Front Yard, showcases LA's diverse flavors in a setting as casual and comfortable as an evening at an old friend's house. Come on over anytime and we'll set you a place around the table.
The Garland team is about working together, having fun and being happy, genuine hospitality and celebrating each of our unique differences. We offer rewarding benefits in the form of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account and 401K for eligible associates. But that’s not all…here at The Garland we believe in celebrating our Associates with a wide variety of recognition programs and events all year long!