The Hudson - Assistant General Manager
- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Summary of Position
Help oversee and assist in coordinating the planning, organizing, training, and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives including: sales, costs, employee retention, guest services and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness and sanitation. Assist in controlling the financial performance of the property through the budgetary process. Effectively hire, train and mentor in order to identify the best team members and leaders of your team. Continually analyze our current standards for the purpose of elevating and developing new ones.
- - Elevate company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs including food, beverage, supply, utility, and labor.
- - Responsible for ensuring that all financial invoices, reporting and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures
- - Work collaboratively to ensure continuous improvement in quality of guest experience, service, operational effectiveness, employee retention and satisfaction.
- - Understand and implement all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- - Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facilities, sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and establishing a positive, productive working environment.
- - Fill in where needed to ensure guest experience is never compromised as a result of operational challenges.
- - Continually mentor and provide opportunities to advance the education and development of staff as it relates to food, beverage, and service.
- - Assist in all scheduled employee meetings and provide leadership for improvement.
- - Ensure that all equipment and the overall environment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the property’s preventative maintenance programs.
- - Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed. Modify staffing configurations based upon increases or decreases in sales volumes.
- - Know, follow and implement all policies and procedures regarding personal and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of the restaurant’s policies, rules, standards and procedures.
- - Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- - Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints. Take any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guest.
- MANAGEMENT EXPECTED BEHAVIORS
- Represent the restaurant professionally through effective communication, follow-through and collaboration with all business partners, both internally and externally. Demonstrate loyalty and pride in your restaurant as well as your employees and products.
- Demonstrate ownership of job responsibilities though focus, determination, and attention to detail with the goal of elevating the guest experience in every interaction.
- Act with integrity and honesty in upholding the values of the restaurant.
- Work as a member of a highly functioning team. Maintain a professional and respectful dialogue with everyone to collaboratively identify positive solutions to problems or issues.
- Demonstrate trust in your actions, having the confidence in knowing that we are all looking out for each others best interest.
- Understand and communicate to those under your direction the philosophy of management and owner.
- Take ownership of your performance and strive to elevate the performance of your team. Be a force of inspiration to encourage growth and innovation.
- Provide leadership to create a culture and work environment based upon respect; identify opportunities for staff to learn, grow and develop their abilities.