- $55K - $65K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
The Staff Accountant is responsible for managing our clients’ financial information by researching and analyzing general ledger accounts and this role culminates with the preparation of financial statements each period. Additionally, the Staff Accountant is responsible for communicating with the client for data in regards to the compilation of financial statements and maintaining client satisfaction. This position reports to the Director of Accounting and has no direct reports.
- maintaining general ledger accounts;
- performing balance sheet reconciliations;
- recording and posting paid outs, deposits and daily sales;
- recording inventories;
- preparing, auditing and filing various tax forms;
- reviewing, coding and preparing journal entries for banking transactions;
- communicating with clients and the BOE or other agencies to answer accounting or financial questions;
- reviewing the p&l and balance sheets to make period end accruals, amortize prepaid expenses, depreciate fixed assets, and record adjusting journal entries; and any other special projects as assigned.
- Ability to work collaboratively with both clients and teammates
- Ability to manage projects and assignments with extreme accuracy and efficiency: detail oriented
- Excellent communication, organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles/practices
- Strong technical aptitude in automated accounting systems as well as databases and reporting tools
- Proficient with spreadsheet, database and word processing applications
- A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business, finance or related field or equivalent experience is required.
- A minimum of one year experience as a GL accountant required.
- Background in the restaurant industry is required (FOH, BOH, Management).
- Candidates with extensive accounting (5+ years) experience without a degree will be considered. Since our systems are all cloud-based, the candidate should be comfortable using a computer for 95% of the work being completed including learning three specific software packages.
- This position may occasionally require evening/weekend work resulting in overtime.
Mise En Place Restaurant Services, Inc. provides full service accounting, financial advisory and consulting services to restaurants in Southern California. We know that all good chefs are adamant about mise en place in the kitchen and our goal at MEPRS is to help restaurants build more profitable businesses by maintaining order with their accounting systems, back office procedures and overall reporting. Using some of the newest accounting software available Mise En Place provides analytical and procedural tools available in the cloud to allow owners and operators the ability to manage and approve back office procedures remotely. MEPRS doesn’t only focus on streamlined reporting but streamlined processes for the restaurant as well. We offer different levels of service and reporting to meet the needs of the fledgling start-up restaurateur and also the needs of the most sophisticated operators in the industry.
Our services range from affordable, basic accounting and reporting services to premium services which include basic reporting but also provide budgets, benchmarking statistics and monthly advisory meetings. We also provide consulting services to restaurants with those services ranging from preparation of financial projections for business plans to operational reviews and menu pricing to business valuations.
Founded in early 2012 by Elissa Phillips, former Vice President at Vine Solutions, Mise En Place Restaurant Services, Inc. is dedicated to providing restaurants with relevant and useful information so that owners and management can effectively run the day to day operations.