SIGN ON BONUS * Licensed Practical Nurse, Assisted Living
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
This position encompasses a variety of duties essential to the maintenance of the health and well-being of the residents as well as the supervision of the supportive services provided in Assisted Living. The LPN for AL is also responsible for supporting the effort to ensure that Service Plan meetings are conducted in a timely fashion and that identified care and services information is provided to and available for direct care staff. Is responsible to ensure that service plans are designed to individual level of care and meetings are conducted in accordance of the Department of Health Services (DHS) rules and regulations, to include strong proficiency in Article 8 Additionally, the LPN has oversight for all areas of medication assistance and/or administration including supervision of all Med. Techs and/or Certified Caregivers staff who assist residents with any aspect of care and medication administration. Must be able to fluently communicate in or to take or give direction or guidance in the English language.
A thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures in the use and function of LPN principles. Strong written and oral communication skills. Effective in establishing and maintaining rapport with staff, residents, resident's families, and visiting medical and support services. Must possess the ability to maintain composure under pressure. A professional appearance is to be maintained at all times. The LPN will possess a genuine interest in and concern for geriatric, chronically ill, and/or disabled persons.
- Regular attendance is considered an essential function of this position and is necessary for the efficient operation of the business.
- Performs potential resident assessments on and off the Glencroft campus.
- Performs nursing duties as ordered by the Primary Care Provider and Registered Nurse.
- Serves as an ambassador of goodwill to all potential and current residents and staff.
- Participates in establishing, implementing and updating individualized service plan for each Assisted Living resident. Participates in inter-disciplinary team meetings to discuss service plans.
- Ensures accurate and timely documentation in resident record of observations and care delivered to each resident in accordance with facility policies and procedures.
- Responsible to ensure documentation of all changes in condition of resident and reporting to physician, Director of Assisted Living and family in timely manner in accordance with facility policies and procedures.
- Provides direction to, supervising, evaluating, and monitoring of assigned staff and assists in providing continuing education for AL staff.
- Practices universal precautions and infection control measures and observes safety precautions and protocols in the performance of all duties and at all times while on facility premises.
- Demonstrates courteous and respectful verbal and physical interactions with residents, physicians, family members of resident, visitors, and other staff.
- Demonstrates respect for resident by maintaining resident's dignity and confidentiality, providing privacy and abiding by the resident's Bill of Rights.
- Responsible for attending in-services, staff meetings and participates in all Service Plan Meetings as required by facility policies and procedures.
- Greets all visitors in a friendly, courteous and professional manner, provides information and guidance.
- Responsible for the ordering and the administration of resident’s medication managed through the use of electronic medication (EMARS) and Care Point
- Responsible for the direct supervision of any Certified Caregiver/Med Tech who assists with any aspect of medication administration.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
The vision of Glencroft is to create an environment that inspires seniors to experience enriched and fulfilling lives. Glencroft is the largest Senior Living Community in Arizona and the 4th largest in the nation. The community sits on 40 lush acres of citrus trees and grass. We offer all-inclusive services to our residents which consists of housekeeping, security, meals, transportation and activities.
To provide a broad continuum of high quality senior services in a manner that demonstrates Christian love and compassion we select only the best employees. If you are passionate about your job and working with seniors in a team-orientated work environment, then we want you.