- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Ask Us!, Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
Eataly Los Angeles is seeking Cashiers to join our Front End team!
Ensures accurate accounting of all transactions, collections and disbursements. Receives cash drawer at beginning of work shift, and counts money in drawer at end of shift to verify its accuracy. Collects cash, and/or credit card payment from guest and makes change for cash transactions, checks identification for traveler’s checks, and prepares voucher for credit card purchases. Responsibilities also include greeting guests and general customer service, as well as duties to upkeep the Front End.
As an ambassador of Eataly products and services, the Cashier is responsible for helping to create and maintain quality experiences for each guest that comes to Eataly. Eataly ambassadors are expected to actively engage with guests and spend quality time with each customer.
Essential Job Functions (Duties & Responsibilities):
1. Receives cash bank at beginning of work shift and verifies accuracy by counting money in cash drawer (at end of shift). Ensures an accurate accounting of all transactions, collections and disbursements during work shift.
2. Obtains and reviews information regarding price changes.
3. Verify employee discounts, returns, exchanges, and voids, with the assistance of the manager or shift lead.
4. Bag grocery and household items.
5. Returns carts and baskets to their central distribution area, take back go backs/damages, fix displays, help restock, and support team members.
6. Greets guests as they enter and exit the cashier area.
7. Collects cash, checks or charge payments from guests. Makes change for cash transactions, verifies information for traveler’s checks and prepares charge voucher for credit card purchases.
8. Counts money, checks and charge payments in cash drawer at end of shift.
9. Clean refrigerator, cubbies and register areas in the Front End.
10. Assist in different Eataly departments when needed when said department is short-staffed.
11. Adheres to all company and department procedures, policies, expectations and quality standards.