Lead Cook/Sous Chef
- $16.00 - $23.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
We are looking for an energetic and talented Lead Cook/Sous Chef to join our team! Great fundmanetals and attention to detail are required.
This position has the option of job sharing. Please ask for details if interested in this option.
Lead Cook/Sous Chef responsibilities include studying recipes, setting up menus, preparing high-quality dishes, creating prep lists, communicating with Chef, colaborating on new menu ideas and maintaining/supervising inventory. You should be able to delegate tasks to kitchen staff to ensure meals are prepared in a timely manner. Also, you should be familiar with sanitation regulations. If you have experience with advanced cooking techniques and and you want to join a growing team, we’d like to meet you.
- Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans and kitchen scales
- Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients
- Cook food in a timely manner
- Delegate tasks to kitchen staff
- Inform staff about daily specials
- Ensure appealing presentation
- Monitor food stock and place orders
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
- Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
- Proven work experience as a Chef or Lead Cook
- Hands-on experience with all kitchen equipment
- Advanced knowledge of culinary techniques
- Leadership skills/ability to problem solve
- Proficient in English; able to speak/understand Spanish is a bonus
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks
- Excellent time management skills; ability to multi-task
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
- Familiarity with sanitation regulations
- Culinary school diploma preferred
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends