- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
We are seeking an Event Coordinator to join our Event Sales Department and drive growth of the corporate, social and wedding divisions of the company. To be successful in this role, a candidate should be a team player who is organized, proactive, able to multitask in a busy work environment, and have the communication skills to handle any guest questions or concerns.
- Deliver the JDK experience as the primary customer relationship representative to all contacts for weddings and specialty events
- Organize meetings, tastings, phone conferences, and site visits with both prospective and existing clients.
- Follow a customer-centric focus in all event practices that helps the team achieve our mission of exceeding the customer’s expectation.
- Prepare comprehensive catering and event proposals that exceed client expectations.
- Advance in JDK’s training program to obtain Site Manager certification
- Collaborate with our team in all areas of planning and event execution.Advance in JDK’s training program to obtain Site Manager certification
- Maintain contact and payment details for client accounts.
- Coordinate logistical details including rental orders, event details, guest counts, proposal updates, and client follow up.
- Communicate with in-house teams on event changes and execution details./li>
- Understand and follow all procedures and policies
- Attend weddings and special events for day-of coordination to ensure all teams uphold to service standards and overall client satisfaction. These events are scheduled for mornings, evenings, and weekends
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Hospitality Management, Public Relations, Communications or a related field
- 1-2 years related experience is preferred
- Experience in the food & beverage, hospitality and/or entertainment industries is a plus
- Enjoy the challenge of leading a talented team using strong people and management skills
- Be upbeat, friendly and professional and generally have a positive attitude
- Self-motivated with ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Must be available to work day and evening hours, as well as weekends
- Strong problem-solving and creative thinking skills and ability to formulate solutions into action
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the hospitality industry, especially the catering industry is preferred
- Enjoy planning and attention to details
- Strong organization and effective time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) is preferred
Check out some of the events you could be a part in producing by visiting the video links below:
The JDK Group Catering & Events is Central PA’s premier catering and event-planning company where clients, and their special life moments, come first. Since 1987, we’ve continued to reinvent the standards for events and hospitality for the areas surrounding Harrisburg, Lancaster, and York. With over 25 years of event management experience and the ability to plan a celebration for 15 to 15,000 people, our talented a passionate team offers exceptional guest service, incredible fresh food, and innovative event design.
At JDK, we pride ourselves on being a passionate team. In fact, we’ve promoted 75% of our current team in-house. It’s why our customers expect nothing less than an amazing event from us. We set a very high standard for ourselves, and constantly innovate by embracing, not fearing, change.
JDK also offers a 401k with up to a 4% match after 1 year with 1,000 hours for our Part-Time Event Servers, as well as free lunches.
One employee wrote:
“What I love about JDK is that the team is amazing.I have found a new passion in the catering business. It’s also awesome that there are tons of opportunities to move up within the company, from server to sales rep. My favorite thing is wedding season. I love making people happy with my drinks! I really do get paid to party!”
So, if you’re interested in being part of our creative and diverse event-planning team, please attach a cover letter and resume.