- $13.85 Hourly
- Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Position Description Summary:
The Bartender is responsible for daily execution of the Mission Statement, which includes providing First Class Service to both internal and external guest. The Bartender sets an example of top quality service in serving guests beverages. Provide timely, accurate and friendly service while preparing the highest quality beverages for each guest. The Bartender makes all alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for every guest in the restaurant and in the bar. They also act as food servers for guests who choose to eat in the bar area
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exceed First Class Service standards and behavior with every guest, business partner and peers.
- Greets guests and takes drink and food order; provides information about menu items and looks for opportunity for additional sales.
- Follows recipes and directions for mixing beverages.
- Accurately processes transactions through the POS.
- Responds appropriately to customer concerns.
- Follows alcohol awareness procedures for preventing intoxication and deals with intoxicated guests.
- Ensures a clean, sanitized and well stocked bar.
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Inventories all beverages and operation supplies, orders replacement items as needed.
- Build guest loyalty and enhance selling skills through the use of available training materials.
- Maintain clean organized work environment that is free of safety hazards which may include sweeping and mopping.
- Accountable for compliance with all local, state, federal laws and regulation including those relating to food safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- Food and Beverage experience is preferred but not required
- 1-year experience bartending required
- Knowledge of math to figure cost, make change and cash handling procedures.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as with other team members
- Able to work unsupervised for extensive periods, and to demonstrate good judgment when dealing with customers and peers.
- Ability to work various shifts in a 7/365 team-oriented environment
- Excellent customer service skills and an ability to communicate effectively
- Self-starter able to prioritize and handle various tasks simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and unexpected situations
- Proficiency required in reading and writing and mathematics
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. perform essential job functions such as standing, bending, reaching, climbing on ladder, and walking long distances.
- Standing for long periods of time and the ability to work in environment with varying temperatures.