CDL-A Feed Delivery Driver
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Primary Purpose of Position:
The position’s main objective is to provide safe, efficient transport and delivery of animal feed. The incumbent will make numerous trips from the Mill to multiple farms, ranging in distance. Responsibilities include verifying feed ordered, opening and loading appropriate feed into correct bins, completion of mileage reports, DOT reports, . Drives tractor-trailer applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations, to transport and deliver feed. This involves driving in a safe manner, being conscientious, responsible and alert. The applicant must comply with all applicable state and federal DOT regulations, OSHA rules, and bio-security policies governing the farms entered by the driver.
Other Position Characteristics:
- Vehicle/Trailer Inspection: Conduct and record pre and post trip inspection report.
- Bio-security: Observe & follow company policy including wearing proper PPE and plastic boots. Disposing of all items appropriately.
- Employee is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, feel with hands and arms, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Work schedule can vary and will be assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Training and Experience Requirements
- Knowledge of principles rules and regulations set forth by DOT (Department of Transportation), the FMCSR handbook and company rules.
- Must have a valid commercial driver’s license
- Verifiable experience a plus, but not required
- Must have an acceptable driving record. No DUI within last 5 years.
- Must be able to understand written sentences and effectively communicate as well as possess basic mathematical skills (record keeping & documentation).
- Incumbent will be exposed to outdoor weather regularly as well as having to load feed into bins.
- Safety equipment to include but not limited to: eye safety glasses, safety vest, hearing protection and work boots.
Goldsboro Milling was founded in 1916 originally for the Feed Milling business. In the late 1950’s it expanded its operations into the turkey industry, growing and producing turkeys and eggs ultimately completing the first hatchery by 1967. In the late 1980’s the company diversified operations in the Swine industry and with this growth by September of 1988 a second Feed Mill began production to meet new company feed demand. In the fall of 1991 the company was presented with an opportunity in the local grain, buying and storage market, securing this acquisition with the purchase of Goldsboro Milling Grain. In 2005 the company further diversified its farming operations and ventured into the Blueberry Farming business. 2006 was a year of further growth with the opportunity to extend the company’s reach by entering a new market with operations in Indiana. In concert with the company swine operations, the company manages a 1100 brood cow herd, producing 1000 calves annually.
Today the family is one of the principal owners of Butterball LLC., the largest turkey producer in the United States and is the 10th largest swine producer in the United State as well as actively investing in land and timber amongst other business ventures. At Goldsboro Milling Company and Affiliates animal welfare is of primary importance. Service personnel, technical experts and staff are trained and certified regularly and by adhering to these guidelines the company is able to produce a product that consumers feel confident will be safe and nutritionally superior. We are proud and stand behind our product and if you would like to be a part of a great team and work with people who care, please join our team today.