Assistant FOH Manager
- $58.5K Annual Salary
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
The Assistant FOH Manager will work closely with the General Manager and all members of the restaurant’s management team to ensure the restaurant is operating according to the standards set by the executive management team and Scampi corporate office. The Assistant FOH Manager may be responsible for overseeing service of any portion of the restaurants operating hours, as well as share in administrative responsibilities.
Scampi managers are integral and active members of service. Scampi managers are expected to be hands on from the beginning to end of the guest experience – with guests, the service team, and with Back of House team.
- Shift opening and closing managerial responsibilities. Duties may include financial/cash handling, operational administrative tasks, facilities/Health Department checks, and oversight of hourly employees
- Oversee the FOH staff through all working hours - setting up for service, all service hours, and closing each shift according to restaurant standards
- Floor management. Responsibilities include:
- Frequent decision making and troubleshooting
- Maintaining proper flow of service (at the door, on the floor, and at the pass)
- Upholding service standards, product quality and cleanliness
- Continuous communication with kitchen and all FOH staff
- Guest interaction – ensuring service and food quality, cultivating relationships, resolving issues
- Clear communication with BOH management to ensure proper flow of service and guest satisfaction
- Assisting in staffing, training, and development of FOH hourly team:
- Assisting in training of all FOH hourly staff based on standards determined by the General Manager and Scampi Service Director
- Execution of FOH employee training program as determined by GM and Scampi
- Continual development of FOH employees by upholding performance expectations, providing ongoing feedback, and offering input for regular performance reviews
- Directing staff and enforcing service standard
- Administering FOH hourly disciplinary action as needed
- Ensuring FOH staff has appropriate food, beverage, and service knowledge
- Developing employees by providing ongoing feedback and upholding performance expectations
- Executing disciplinary action as dictated by Scampi and restaurant protocols
- Maintaining reservations and reservation system
- Lead by example in all areas:
- Proper execution of all service standards and protocols
- Clear and professional communication with Scampi offices, other managers, all hourly employees, and guests
- Exceptional work ethic, strong attention to detail, and a collaborative attitude
- Assisting in executing new restaurant initiatives and service protocols through staff training
- Ensure guests enjoy the Scampi experience!
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years of restaurant management experience required
- Strong service, food and beverage knowledge required
- Detail oriented, organized and professional
- High volume, fast-paced, high profile restaurant experience preferred
- Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and adaptability in a constantly changing environment
- Regularly lift 25 pounds; occasionally lift 50 pounds
- Strong computer skills are a plus
**any required city/state licenses or permits
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Scampi reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Scampi or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Scampi is a neighborhood, Southern Italian inspired restaurant in the heart of Manhattan's Flatiron district. We use the best ingredients and provide a great atmosphere.